• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Diva (1 Viewer)

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
So I applied to my local Diva store about 10 days ago and I haven't heard back from them. I checked the website and it still has the ad running saying there's availabilities in my area, so maybe they haven't gotten back to me because they're still accepting applications?

Anyway, so I guess I just wanna know what it's like working there... what's the pay like? Are the hours good, especially during the summer/Christmas holidays? Is it a good team environment? Are you expected to wear a different accessory every day? etc.

Oh and what are the chances of me getting a job there? I'm 18 years old and have never worked in retail before... hmm...

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Maybe try calling the store you applied to directly? I find that if I ring up the employer directly they are more likely to grant you an interview which is a definite step towards employment. And usually if they can grant you their time in the form of an interview they're probably quite happy to accept you, as long as you prove your motivation at that interview.

*Minka*

HSC
I worked there in 2004/5, so things might be a bit different now. When I was there, you were expected to wear Diva accessories, but didn't have to have brand new stuff every day. You get a discount on them as well - it was 50% off when I ws there. Not sure if it is still the same. As for team environment/hours, it really depends on the store. Hope that helped :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i bought a necklace from diva the other week and it gave me hives.

had to spend $180 on a dermatologist and get a special cream to make them go away...

fuck diva.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the girls who work at diva always come across as really, i dunno, bimbo-like and kinda bitchy/judgemental. then again, maybe its just me.

Che08

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
the girls who work at diva always come across as really, i dunno, bimbo-like and kinda bitchy/judgemental. then again, maybe its just me.
hahaha i feel the same in some stores.. my local one isnt too bad.. but i used to go to the store at Bondi Junction a fair bit and was just a little put off. In saying that though one of the girls was really nice to me one day..

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Naw i've had a good experience with them so far. The other day i went to their "nothing over 5 dollar sale" and they were really nice even though the store was swarming with girls trying to scoop up a bargain.

The girl at the counter was wearing the most amazing ring but she said it wasn't on special and it was in their upstairs shop. God i want that ring.:uhhuh:

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Their stuff looks good when you first buy it, but within a fortnight I find it rusts/breaks/etc.

I applied online with them a while ago as well (I was desperate ok) and never heard a reply, I don't know how often they actually look at online applications or expect you to go in store.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
jodi..1 said:
Their stuff looks good when you first buy it, but within a fortnight I find it rusts/breaks/etc.
ur probably rite... i buy alot of the fancier pieces from there and barely wear them only to parties etc. that why it lasts me longer.

VCE_2007

HSC
with rings, put clear nailpolish on them, like the circle part (LOL) so they dont rust b/c of contact with water and sweat :D

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yes!!! i've also noticed that. i'd only go into diva as a last minute option though since the quality isn't as great. might as well spend a few extra dollars for something that'll last way longer..!

solid JAG RINGS ARE HAWT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)