Do I need a prerequisite of maths extension 1 for B. advanced computing at USYD? (1 Viewer)

Heraclitussss

HSC
P.S. for ppl who might tell me to google it or sth, the prereq given in the USYD website is a bit vague-ish. There's a table given with maths advanced as well as ext1 and 2 as prereqs so I'm a bit confused. I've been told by a few people I would need to complete a bridging course.
Will I not be able to enrol in the course? I haven't done ext 1 but got a band 6 in maths advanced.

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
Hi mate,

The math pre-requisite for USYD courses that require it, such as advanced computing, is a minimum band 4 in Math advanced or E3 in either Maths ext 1 or Maths ext 2. As you received a band 6 in maths advanced, you satisfy the pre-requistie (Good job!)

However, while u may satisfy the pre-requistie, the assumed knowledge from 2022 onwards for USYD advanced computing is maths ext 1. While it may not necessarily be required to complete a bridging course, from what i have heard, it is highly recommended.

Btw i got this info from a 2021 usyd course pre-requiste and assumed knowledge pdf (u can get this pdf by searching up "usyd assumed knowledge pdf") and im not sure if the info is outdated. Pls correct me if im wrong.

Hopefully this helps and good luck with your uni journey! :)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
P.S. for ppl who might tell me to google it or sth, the prereq given in the USYD website is a bit vague-ish. There's a table given with maths advanced as well as ext1 and 2 as prereqs so I'm a bit confused. I've been told by a few people I would need to complete a bridging course.
Will I not be able to enrol in the course? I haven't done ext 1 but got a band 6 in maths advanced.

i have a usyd booklet that the uni gave to my school for y11-12 regarding 2023 entry, and it says for 2023 maths ext 1 is assumed knowledge, so what the above is saying is correct (so while they can't bar you from enrolling into the course you want, it's highly recommended you do), so a bridging course would probably be the best decision going forward

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)