Do i risk a high word count? (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
HOW TO I CUT DOWN A WORDCOUNT FOR AN ESSAY. Oml i overestimated my writting speed and now I need to cut out a large portion of my essay.

Last edited:

hafsah_

HSC
HOW TO I CUT DOWN A WORDCOUNT FOR AN ESSAY. Oml i overestimated my writting speed and now I need to cut out a large portion of my essay.
I'm over by a hundred words for my english essay and I wasn't bothered cutting so I just submitted it but I kinda regret it now 😭. Max with the 10% leeway was 2,750 and I had 2800-ish.

hafsah_

HSC
What subject is it for, because if it's for English, you could shorten the text names and composer's names E.g. if it's 'King Richard III' you could make it 'KR3' or if it's William Shakespeare, make it 'WS'.

What I also did was highlight each sentence so you'll be able to visualise how many lines it's taking up then you can cut down from there by shortening words and removing conjunctions.

I kinda gave up after that because it was nearly the due time but you can do it!

aqwerty13402

HSC
What subject is it for, because if it's for English, you could shorten the text names and composer's names E.g. if it's 'King Richard III' you could make it 'KR3' or if it's William Shakespeare, make it 'WS'.

What I also did was highlight each sentence so you'll be able to visualise how many lines it's taking up then you can cut down from there by shortening words and removing conjunctions.

I kinda gave up after that because it was nearly the due time but you can do it!
Thank you for your tips, but unfortunately I have tried all of them hahaha. It's okay though, I'm just trying to be really brutal with my cutting, but its so sad bc ive cut out some really fancy analysis :(

hafsah_

HSC
Thank you for your tips, but unfortunately I have tried all of them hahaha. It's okay though, I'm just trying to be really brutal with my cutting, but its so sad bc ive cut out some really fancy analysis :(
Ohh that's sadd.
Keep your stronger analysis and cut off the weaker ones once you have finished the whole essay. Maybe get it peer-reviewed or submit a draft to your teacher for feedback on it too?

carrotsss

HSC
go through sentence by sentence and decide which ones are redundant and then fully rewrite each one as concisely as you can. also has the side effect of improving ur essay. if you’ve already memorised though then just chop out a paragraph or smth idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)