• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do I still have a chance at my desired preference? (1 Viewer)

midflight

I didn't realise that it was the 6th that the preferences close...I thought it was the 19th and now I realised and I am stuck with the preference I dont want. What chance will I have to change it and will I still get it or is it highly unlikely now? Is there any way I can ring up UAC and get them to change it for me or something? Argghhhh......Im screwed! Please help....

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
midflight said:
I didn't realise that it was the 6th that the preferences close...I thought it was the 19th and now I realised and I am stuck with the preference I dont want. What chance will I have to change it and will I still get it or is it highly unlikely now? Is there any way I can ring up UAC and get them to change it for me or something? Argghhhh......Im screwed! Please help....

You might have to wait until the late rounds. If you got a high uai and they offer it in the late rounds then you have a chance, other than that, its probably too late.

tennille

HSC
You can still change your preferences, but you will be considered in the later rounds, and consequently will have a slimmer chance of getting into your desired course. I don't think you'd be able to change them for them to be considered in the main round.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I doubt you would be able to get them changed for the main round cos I imagine that's too easy an excuse for people to use when they're not being genuine - even though your case IS genuine.

midflight

What about if I am deferring......does that give me any opportunity to get the course I want?

hello99999

HSC
midflight said:
What about if I am deferring......does that give me any opportunity to get the course I want?
not really, but maybe if you reapply next year and the main round UAI stays around the same you have a chance? I'm not sure though.

Adrian.

HSC
The question must be asked. Why the hell did you put in preferences that you didn't want? It just isn't logical to do that.

midflight

fucken hell its not that I didnt want to do it...its the exact same course but i went to sydney open day and decided i wanted to go there instead of wollongong...

hatty

Banned
what course is it buddy?
go to UAC and check out last years list and see if it had any vacancies after the main round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)