• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do people start cadetship in 2nd year uni? (1 Viewer)

tudor182

HSC
I'm a 06'er and I didn't apply for cadetship for next year because I was unsure if I really wanted to work full time ...but in case I change my mind, would it be possible to become a cadet in the 2nd year uni with the big4? or does EY, KPMG and other big companies only recruit people who are finishing yr 12?

And I was just wondering...do a lot of Macquarie B Comm students get their offer to become a cadet?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
tudor182 said:
And I was just wondering...do a lot of Macquarie B Comm students get their offer to become a cadet?
I don't think it really matters. I have seen a fair amount of people in suits/etc in evening Accounting lectures.

When I applied for a cadetship, I remember them asking what uni I was doing Accounting. Their "OK" was a "that'll do" kind of OK. So, again, I don't think it makes a big difference.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
tudor182 said:
I'm a 06'er and I didn't apply for cadetship for next year because I was unsure if I really wanted to work full time ...but in case I change my mind, would it be possible to become a cadet in the 2nd year uni with the big4? or does EY, KPMG and other big companies only recruit people who are finishing yr 12?
I think out of the Big4, only EY offers cadetships to first year uni students to commence in 2nd year.

That being said, I also know some cadets from various firms who have deferred the commencement of either their cadetship/fulltime- or uni+work altogether (eg. to go on a 1 year vacation) for 6 months-1year. You just have to discuss this with the people offering you the position and see what they think? Mind you, a 6 month deferral might not be the best idea since you might end up doing training with a bunch of peeps different to the ones you'll be working with.

tudor182 said:
I know a few cadets in Big4 who go to Mac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)