Do schools know our ATAR or HSC results? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Sins

HSC
My school gave out a survey via email asking for our atars, which im pretty sure is the only way for the school to determine what atar you got, as for assessment marks im not 100% sure but i think the school knows them all.

satvik_1008

HSC
schools dont know your atar but schools do get your HSC marks, school marks, aligned exam marks and your raw HSC exam marks question by question

Johnny Sins

HSC
at my school dux is just highest atar usually ends up being someone with a .7 - .95

how does ruse or sgs do it tho since they have multiple .95s
dux at my school was determined based of highest average mark which is unfair cause the person who got dux did visual arts, cafs, business and drama and the actual smartest kid in our cohort who did 4u math chem phys, came third despite him getting a 99.30 atar in the end. I can guarntee you atleast a hand full of people (myslef included) got a higher atar than her.

KB2230

HSC
dux at my school was determined based of highest average mark which is unfair cause the person who got dux did visual arts, cafs, business and drama and the actual smartest kid in our cohort who did 4u math chem phys, came third despite him getting a 99.30 atar in the end. I can guarntee you atleast a hand full of people (myslef included) got a higher atar than her.
This is weird because UNSW called me and said I was eligible for a scholarship because I was dux so do UNI's just base it of high ATAR and schools do their own thing?

vishnay

God
HSC
screw her

steal the dux trophy/certificate

vishnay

God
HSC
This is weird because UNSW called me and said I was eligible for a scholarship because I was dux so do UNI's just base it of high ATAR and schools do their own thing?
does ur school know ur atar?

if they do then they probs reported ur atar as the highest from ur school in which case i believe ur eligible for a scholarship

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
What are the benefits of coming DUX apart from the achievement itself? Just curious

KB2230

HSC
Well UNSW has a 5000 dollar scholarship and USYD has a scheme that drops the required ATAR for courses down which might actually come in clutch as it makes it so I meet the requirement for law now lol

alann0909

HSC
how did UNSW know you got the highest ATAR in your school? did your school report it as highest?

KB2230

HSC
@KB2230 congrats man and thanks for the info! Do you guys have any opinion about the Dalyell Scholars at USYD???
Thanks! It sounds really good in theory but of the arts/social sciences Dalyell units none interest me whatsoever and I really dont want to replace my electives with them. Some of the enrichment units sound cool and the mentoring is probably good but idk if its worth it.

KB2230

HSC
how did UNSW know you got the highest ATAR in your school? did your school report it as highest?
I dont think my school told them because my school asked us to send ours in a google form and I got the call at like 1pm so I really doubt myself school would have sent it through sure that they had gotten all the results in. So I guess the Uni's just get given all the highest ATARs because the USYD scheme says on the website that if you get dux you dont need to do anything to be counted in the scheme

KB2230

HSC
I dont know a thing about engineering sorry. Here are the Dalyell units if you scroll down the engineering units are there. I think these are the Dalyell units are the ones which you have to do but the website/pdf I found is incredibly vague about how many/when you have to do these units but I know you have to replace one of your spaces for electives with these at some point. There are other non-compulsory ones that I have been unable to find so idk what's up with those.

alann0909

HSC
I dont think my school told them because my school asked us to send ours in a google form and I got the call at like 1pm so I really doubt myself school would have sent it through sure that they had gotten all the results in. So I guess the Uni's just get given all the highest ATARs because the USYD scheme says on the website that if you get dux you dont need to do anything to be counted in the scheme
Ahh okay cheers. Congrats btw! :)

Johnny Sins

HSC
the dux awards were handed out during our graduation

tbanne

HSC
Damn, I got a call from UNSW too but I missed it. Then I received an email from then after about being eligible for the $5000 AAA scholarship. Your reasoning makes sense but I really doubt that I got the highest atar. Some kids in my grade do the infamous 4u maths, chem and physics triad and all got band 6s in them. I didn’t do any extensions so it’s sorta hard to believe I got the highest atar 💀 But who knows, anything is possible I guess 🥴

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)