do we have to talk about the techniques in RAW? (1 Viewer)

smart guy

for the question on "institution and personal experience" in paper 2, do we need to talk about any techniques???

help....

Mathematician

The author himself admits he didnt use much techniques

But u might find 1 or two and it should be enough.

Focus is more on effect of .. on....

LEESH

techniques.. hmmm?? we were told mainly to speak about examples of enforcement, protest and compliance... our school didnt even look at techniques... so i dunno???

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by Dammit
use of dialogue, conflict is used thoroughly to maintain momentum.
haha... every novel has dialogue.

booze

HSC
of course u need techniques. how about the perspective its written in

Steph9

HSC
I don't study that text, but don't you need to look at techniques for every text you study?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
isn't the whole idea of english HSC is on the idea of "how" ppl analyse textsss~~~so techniques are definitely the most important!!!!

Steph9

HSC
the thing is, i noe my techniques, and i noe my texts, it's just a matter of applying the techniques 2 da texts 2 answer da questions

MouNtY

OMG it's about time that i've found someone else who is doing at least one of the texts that i'm doing. I was beginning to think that my school was the only one doing any of them.....

ben7

know the how!!

it is very important the techniques are the HOW. and there is tonnes. ill give you the examples im usin:

• combination of 3rd person narrative & dialogue is quite descriptive
• onomatopoeia – ‘smash’, ‘wailing’; alliteration - ‘fumbling fingers’; personification – ‘the car attacked’ help vividly describe Brett’s messed up life
• Word choice and tone show his attitude toward police
• word choice – jail words: locks, bolts, cuffs, cages
authority figures as ‘the enemy’
• metaphor – Brett in metaphoric hand cuffs trying to break free, also physical and metaphoric cages
• narrative turning points for Brett – when conned and looses his wallet (he becomes the victim), moments of realisation (eg. “No-one hates you, you hate them”), after the fight with Caitlyn’s dad.
• Symbolism – farm with no fences (symbolises trust), morning sun at the end (symbol of hope)
• Analogy – Sam is the best tamer of wild horses - best tamer of wild youth. Sam to Josh: “the horse isn’t the only one who bites around here”
• Irony – it’s ironic that Brett shut Sam out, yet Sam is the most influential character on Brett. Brett dismisses Sam as a ‘grandad’ yet he becomes a grandfather like figure
• Narrative devices:
- having Brett and Josh become ‘friends’ (as respect grows). This has Brett opening up, & seeing what it’s like for others
- Frog’s growing relationship with Brett eventually brings out a caring side.
- Caitlyn, the ‘love interest’ helps him develop self respect and inner strength, now he can see a future
- Rebecca – the ‘functional character’ sheds light on his past. Realises he doesn’t want to go there.
• Juxtaposition – Tyson, the stereotypical thug, institution been no help at all is contrasted with Brett who does change.

thats the most helpful thing ive ever done on this forum..

Andyzcoooool

Raw and cuckooz nest fingy

heyloo,,
da person hu gave us all da techniques for Raw...ure a legend mate..!! thanx heapza..srsly ppz, giv in wuteva u can..it REALLY HELPZ ure oda budz dat r lyk sittin for da hsc jis lyk U....!! oh yeh..and do ne of uz do "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"?and wud u hav ne info on dat?!?i wud really appreciate dat...!! :rolleyes:

thanx guyz,
laterz...
andii..

ben7

Hey after reading the exempler band 6 essay from this website they use like hardly any techniques at all so go have a look at that. I think it will depend on the question also, its good to know a few but concentrate more on other insightful sorta crap.

Symone

Techniques Are Not So Important In Raw! U Need To Talk About The Institution And Personal Expierience In Relation To The Themes Such As, Power, Compliance, Protest Etc As Well As Relationships, Change, Authority Figures And How They Differ And Institutions And How They Differ As You Have Other Stimulous Material To Compare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)