• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do we need to summarise the readings? (1 Viewer)

cutie_pie01

HSC
Hi, I'm a first year at Usyd.

As I've never been to uni before, I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice with the readings - It it advisable to make summaries of the readings/textbook as you read? (i'm not sure if I'd need notes for the final exam). Also what does the final exam usually consist of, do we need quotes etc?

My subjects are:
History 1045
Anthropology
Australian Politics

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm also doing Australian Politics, and I'd regard it as pretty sensible to make a summary of the readings each week. However, we do have those tutorial summaries that are presented every week for every piece of reading, so it's probably not that vital. I'd just read through them beforehand and add notes on anything you think has been forgotten.

T

Testpilot

Yes you ought to summarise your textbook, lectures, tutes and any other copious amount of work you can get your hands on.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Summarise textbooks, lecture notes, do the tute questions and revise tute answers when you get them. Feel free to write notes all over your textbook and lecture notes, this is what I do... (unless you want to sell it later on or something)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Oh I don't mean totally summarise per se, I just highlight important parts of the lecture notes and readings and make written notes next to em if deemed appropriate.

HSC
@ Brogan: That's exactly what I have been doing and intend to keep doing if it works.

Last edited:

gelina

HSC
I read half the readings and do the rest?

I don't have textbooks for half my units ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)