Do you still get full marks if you get the right answer with the ‘wrong’ method? (1 Viewer)

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
My teacher told me that you can still get full marks if you decide to do a different method than is taught in the standard syllabus if you get the right answer with it. however, i’ve been told by other students that you won’t get full marks if you don’t stick to the syllabus methods, say, by doing a method that’s only taught in advanced. which is true?

liamkk112

HSC
My teacher told me that you can still get full marks if you decide to do a different method than is taught in the standard syllabus if you get the right answer with it. however, i’ve been told by other students that you won’t get full marks if you don’t stick to the syllabus methods, say, by doing a method that’s only taught in advanced. which is true?
yeah as long as you show working out, you should be fine. if you're using something out of syllabus at least write what it is that you're using, eg if you decide that you're going to use a geometric series result for a question then just write "geometric series" beforehand

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
yeah as long as you show working out, you should be fine. if you're using something out of syllabus at least write what it is that you're using, eg if you decide that you're going to use a geometric series result for a question then just write "geometric series" beforehand
oooh okay thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)