Do you think Mathematics should be made compulsory for HSC? (1 Viewer)

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
Logain said:
Piss off. I never want to see a maths book again.

Year 10 Advanced maths put me off maths forever.
Here, here...screw you maths! Actually....screw you HSC!!

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
some ppl just don't like maths and didn't even bothered choosing it.... but it's ok if they making maths compulsory not exts...ekekek

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
personally if english hadn't been compulsory, i wouldnt have gone within 10 miles of it. nothing to do with writing or anything (i did ancient and legal, plenty of writing there), but i just really dislike english... maybe neither subject(english/maths) should be compulsory??? that would certainly fit in with the idea of choosing subjects that the individual will perform the best in

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Mathematics is useless. The mathematics HSC course, that is. I will always have some form of computer around me to perform the calculations, whether that be a calculator, phone, laptop, desktop, or some poor sucker who actually did HSC mathematics. I do agree that English is sort of pointless. I'm planning on having some sort of career in IT, I don't need to know how to write poems (and I don't see the connection between 3U maths and computing courses, either, unless you're doing way hardcore programming, which few ever will..)

Numero Uno

HSC
Maths Should be compulsory
as english is the most bs subject in the hsc course

but then again we dont want these idiots doing math ..
as it will scale math down ..
and math would end up being a reltivily low scaling subject like english ;) (compared to math)

Tofuu

HSC
instead of making maths compulsory, i'd rather have english not compulsory, or at least make it so that its not 100% going to be in your ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)