do YOU want MATHS TUTORING? (1 Viewer)

kony

HSC
Hey guys

I just finished my HSC!

At the moment, I am tutoring students in Maths only (Year 7-11, HSC 2unit, ext1 and ext2)

I graduated from Fort Street High School this year (2007), with 1st rank in Ext2 maths (117/120 in trials), and 1st rank in Ext1 (82/84 in trials, and dropped just those 2 marks the whole year).

I have analysed papers from trials in many schools in recent years as well as HSC, so I have as good an idea of where the HSC is going in terms of maths as any tutor you'll find. I have an extremely large collection of resources, particularly in terms of trial papers and problems, books, which I would be able to advise you on.

I live in the inner west (sydney), so I'm willing to travel to either a library within reasonable distance, e.g. Ashfield, Burwood, City (possibly parramatta) or your/my place.

Cost is not fixed (looking at $15-35 an hour depending on which course, how far I have to travel, and whether you wish to have a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 mode). Extension 2 will of course cost a little more than the others, but PM / post here to talk to me about details.

Good luck with your studies.

Last edited:

kony

HSC
Bump
Up
My
I trust anybody can benefit from my tutoring - basically, if you want a head start on learning the topics before your school (or at least familiarising), you can learn some valuable techniques on solving problems which your school won't teach you (or even coaching schools for that matter). getting a headstart is VITAL even for the best students - its likely that you'll find the tests far too difficult for you to score highly in if you had only completed the syllabus requirements 2 weeks earlier.

Also, if you want advice on how to prepare for the exam, which textbooks to use, which styles of problems to expect, how to TACTICALLY complete your hsc maths, and many hints and tips, I'm your man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)