Does any1 do this course seriously? (1 Viewer)

Look at subject

• Yes

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

Juliet

HSC
What's so good about James Ruse anyway? Its full of smart people that just make you feel bad. And they have to do gardening work!hehehehe

Sorry a bit off the topic.:p

^___^
HSC
gardening? lol, rumors said they have to pick up cow poo in Easter Shows(no offence to anyone)...and that they have lifts to the library:confused:

but anyway...i only got 59% for my half yr....very very very very disappointed :(

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
ah mate that doesnt matter. your exam must of been pretty hard then...

i got bout 79% or something. but it was a really easy exam... so im dissapointed...

Rojc01

HSC
IPT in truth is quite sad along with its teachers

the boring stuff is fleshed out while the good stuff is hiden in the corner.

No wonder 10 out of the 25 people in the half-yearly fell alseep without reading the paper

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
IPT was a crock of shit when they introduced it 2 years ago . I'm assuming nothing's changed :)

I mean, ethics? wtf? "This is why ATM's are great!" :rolleyes: :p

It was a good subject to catch up sleep in.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah its the most boring subject i do.. after information technology

i dont know why i picked all the computer subjects, i regret it...

its SOoOoO boring and bludgy

blue_lemonade

i agree..ipt is a waste of time...

i have to admit...i picked ipt bcos the classes in our school are always filled to the brim...so i assumed it would b a good and INTERESTING subject...HAHAHAHA..serves me right.

my teacher is shhhhhhiit....she just learnt this week how to use a digital camera and transfer a pic onto the computer.. i mean u'd expect them to kno how to do that before setting it as apart of an assessment task! :rolleyes:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i know, ipt teachers are under quailfied...

my teacher just reads from the text and cant even asnwer his own questions...

pppft. :rolleyes:

gnrlies

HSC
well i think that in terms of computer skills, it is not unlikely that students know more than the teachers, but i guess that is only a verysmall part of the course..

At the end of the day you sit through a three hour written exam testing your application of the theory course. It really doesn't have anything to do with the content as such.

craz

HSC
Isn't the content what gets you through the 3 hour paper? I actually dread going to sit that exam for 3 hours - I only manage to get by on my 2.5 hours, but I suppose I will just have to train myself, just as well in the half yearly that we did have 3 hour exams. Anyways IPT is not an easy course.

fatmuscle

HSC
hahha, some ppl do take IPT seriously!!!

They think it's an easy subject, so they work hard at it to get good marks.

As for the rest of you, you take it as an easy subject to bludge through. A time at school to play CS or Quake or whatever they let you have at school.

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
take ipt seriously, im goin great in it... i got 94% in my 1/2 yearly so im pretty happy. My teacher doesnt know wot hes talking about either, i think it has a lot to do with the fact that its a relatively new course. He reads out of the textbok and when he tries to tell us some of his 'knowlegde' we can usually manage to find a textbook that confirms that he is totally wrong.

Basically just learn most of the stuff in the excel and heinemann textbooks n you'll b fine. :D

gnrlies

HSC
ipt is boring purely becuase its based on a particualr course structure to do with systems which is hardly interesting..

The computer part of the course is ok. I think IPT is the kind of subject where a good general computer knowledge is really helpfull since although the multi chopice are course specific, the extended answers you can use your own knowledge

Jait

HSC
N/A
Like any subject IPT can be boring. It really is just a bunch of theory notes on system design that you need to remember and apply to your HSC exam.

Theoretically you could get a perfect score and never have used a computer though the practical tasks should make it easier to understand.

If you are lucky your teacher will emphasis the practical assessments. For example at our school the major assessment is to design an online study guide. This fulfils two purposes - you learn the theory but you get to do some interesting web design while you do it. At the end of the term every student gets a complete set of multimedia study guides.

Either way somewhere along the way you are going to have to spend some time rote learning a bunch of facts that arent common knowledge. For all those people who think that it is common knowledge I recomend you read the HSC feedback on past exams and see that the "common knowledge" responses recieved average marks. You will need to know specifics for the HSC (along with your keyword definitions).

Huy

HSC
N/A
i don't take ipt seriously,
but i'm perceived to be taking it seriously,
so ... yes, i take it seriously :p

easy marks, you'd be a fool to drop/bludge in it.
(go ipt ... well, ipt sucks ... but hey, i'm only here to be an outlier and to jack up the mean)

craz

HSC
I have to say I don't take IPT seriously maybe that's why I'm only getting 60's for like theory and 80 and 90's for the practical and project work. Our teacher places a big part of the course as theory so its like i fall asleep. I know if I read the Heinmann and the Excel guide and know it all I will do well...but sometimes I don't even care about it. IPT is boring and dry, too much information and there isn't any practical side to it. :mad: oh well if i want to do well in IT at university well....I'd better start working my lazy ass off.

gnrlies

HSC
Originally posted by craz
I have to say I don't take IPT seriously maybe that's why I'm only getting 60's for like theory and 80 and 90's for the practical and project work. Our teacher places a big part of the course as theory so its like i fall asleep. I know if I read the Heinmann and the Excel guide and know it all I will do well...but sometimes I don't even care about it. IPT is boring and dry, too much information and there isn't any practical side to it. :mad: oh well if i want to do well in IT at university well....I'd better start working my lazy ass off.
people have false opinions of IPT. People think that IPT is like computer studies but it isn't. Its a totally different focus. IPT is like a subject on information systems. The computer part only comes in when it is used as information technology. But information technology could also be things likie paper, or envelopes or more traditional forms of communication. The theory is meant to cover a wider variety of information technologies (which is included in the chapters) and it is also meant to look at specific types of systems (i.e. transaction proseccing systems etc as per options) and then it looks at systems very generally (in project work). But it never really has anything to do with computers directly. And it is not about knowing how things work, but rather knowing what is used etc. Kinda like every subject. Like i mean you dont have to know why, you just accept what your fed. This is the same in that you dont have to know how the information technology works, but rather that it works (which is why it never focusses on how the IT works).

It is boriung nonetheless i will give you that, but fortunately its the subject that requires the least amount of effort to get the best results (although scaling is crap, a good raw mark is fairly easy to get)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)