• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does any1 do this course seriously? (1 Viewer)

Look at subject

• Yes

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

meeeee

HSC
is there a computer like course thing that has more pracs than theory? even prac assignments and stuff.. is it even possible?

HSC
pracs...hmmmm

well when i did SDD for like a month, we would usually sit around learning the theory then we just go off to our workstations and program!

i dont do itf but i sometimes poke my head through the door, i saw that they get to do networking stuff...so ummm...yeah!

craz

HSC
I think there are courses more practical than IPT. IPT is not a practical course. It's mainly theory. I don't think I have to touch on Transaction Processes in the options because I'm doing something different.

captnbuttons

God i have no problem in saying that i hate IPT witha passin lol It's by far the most borng subject i have ever encountered in my entire life lol the only thing i like about it is that it's easy!! as long as you can memorize a text book ur fine! and as longa s you can write... teh exam looks like an english one!! lets just hope it don't scale too badly hey!

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
any subject involving imacs and 'apple' technology makes it highly unpleasant :]

Huy

HSC
N/A
We have:

an iMac lab,
2x G3
3x G4? (maybe 2x)
the rest are all teardrop/oldstyle iMacs (coloured ones)

a win95 lab - 20 to 30 pc's
and the rest are all running win2000 and XP, p4 2.4's with 256mb memory :D

... i like Apple computers fwuxed, they're cool :rolleyes: :D

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by fwuxed
any subject involving imacs and 'apple' technology makes it highly unpleasant :]

AAAAAAAAARGH! MY EYES!

What the HELL is it with some people and FSCKING ANNOYING PICTURE SIGS?! :angry: :burn:

At least some of them are more 'mesmerising' rather than 'sock-you-in-the-head-annoying' (eg. 'skip to my lou's avatar) . :mad: :mad1:

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
AAAAAAAAARGH! MY EYES!

What the HELL is it with some people and FSCKING ANNOYING PICTURE SIGS?! :angry: :burn:

At least some of them are more 'mesmerising' rather than 'sock-you-in-the-head-annoying' (eg. 'skip to my lou's avatar) . :mad: :mad1:
It's there to annoy you. What other possible reason could I have of sticking on a pic like that? Gee, some people.

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
Macs are good toilets. You get two types of satisfaction...
1) You get to "release the dragon" that you've been waiting all day for. :D
2) You get to "release the dragon" onto an imac.

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
IPT is really popular at my school - we have three classes...but I suspect that may have something to do with the fact that one of the teachers is supposedly good looking (Personally, I don't see it...the thought of liking a teacher is pretty off-putting). We do heaps and heaps of prac, so it isnt boring at all. And my teacher makes sure we learn to do stuff that we can make use of in the future. We've spent heaps of time learning how to use photoshop, dreamweaver, flash and fireworks to make funky websites, and it helps out with making assessments for other subjects look cool as well.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Navjeet
I suspect that may have something to do with the fact that one of the teachers is supposedly good looking
We have one IPT class, and there's another thread about this issue. I do IPT for 'one or two' reasons ;) ;) :D

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
Let's just say that if you can run MacOS for more than 3 minutes without it crashing, you've broken a world record.

Giant Lobster

HSC
how are you gentlemen!? haha.. u ppl shud see us in ipt, we never miss an opportunity to not do our work. ipt shud be called recess / lunch extension 1, depending on when we have it :D

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fwuxed
Let's just say that if you can run MacOS for more than 3 minutes without it crashing, you've broken a world record.
System 8 or 9, or X?

OS X can run for longer than 3 minutes ;)

Giant Lobster

HSC
X

it has the uncanny ability to not return cds u put in. or maybe thats a result of rowdy kids putting all sorts of things in there... hmmm..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)