Does any1 do this course seriously? (1 Viewer)

Look at subject

• Yes

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

Huy

HSC
N/A
we've covered 3 topics
so i think we're on schedule?

project work
info sys and db's
comm. systems

our half yearlies are on tuesday morn

25% project
50% info sys and db's
25% comm. sys

our next topic is transaction processing
followed by the option (we're doing multimedia... we dont really have a choice)

but then again,
we haven't had lessons due to our half yearly exams.

i hope we're not going to fall behind,
though our teacher doesnt really ... teach?
:p

only kidding.

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
IPT is my fave subject... probably coz im doing so well in it but anyway. It only sux when our teacher is in a bad mood but apart from that i like it. There is a shitload of theory and u get really sick of that but the prac stuff is cool. I learnt to build websites in ipt so im happy.

We had 15 in our class in yr 11 and this year i think we've got 10.
Nobody dropped it though, the ones that left, left school alltogether so thats a good sign.

Our teacher is ok at times but he thinks hes funny and he is soo not... that gets a bit annoying. Hes definantly better that some of my other teachers tho.

We havea multimedia assessment task coming up. We are combining it with project work so we have to do the multimedia system plus the fesability study, project plan etc etc etc. How much fun... im not happy tho coz i miss out on going on holidays coz i have to do it.

Last edited:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
wow u seem to really like ur teacher! he sounds really kool man!
i'm getting jealous... :angry:

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Yeah he's pretty cool most of the time. He's definantly better than some of the other teachers in my school. At least he botheres to teach you.

Our half yearlies arent until week 2, term 2. Its good coz ive got the holidays to study. Hopefully I do ok. I just have to learn all my economics and legal studies work n i should go ok. (The problem with not doing any work is that u dont learn anything so i found out in yr 11).

Is there anyone else that doesnt have their half yearlies until nest term. It seems that most people have done em already???

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah my exams are the first 2 weeks of term 2. i wish the exams were over and done with already, coz i really want a 'holiday'. we dont really have much of a social life these holidays, gonna spend most of my time studying... or trying to study... :mad:

i have 4 exams in the first 2 days. thats just wrong.

big_will08

ahhhh my exams are over!
hehe
thought id like to rub it in! ;)

ummm, i think we are on schedule...weve done the first 3 topics(project work, info sys and comm sys) and weve done the exams...

we are starting the multimedia project now...sounds sooo fun! we are using FLASH MX!!! WOOHOOOO~!

hmmm, similar to tooheys we are doing some story book thing i think, but i reckon there is a lot of other crap to do as well

hmmm..my marks in ipt arent spectacular: 92% for first assessment on project work. 20/30? for Comm sys assessment and only 70% for the exams...

but from what ive heard marks dont mean shit, its about ranks
so im guessing im doing fine coz i came first, 5th and 2nd respectively

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Well... His is a character that is included in any word that has anything to do with sex.

(I said The Word on the forums! Sue me.)

Mine... It's a bit obscure, and it's a carry-over from a couple of years ago (it doesn't apply now).

Have a guess. :D

Any resident Chinese/Japanese gurus around? :p

Last edited:

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
*Sigh*

I just realised that the filename for his picture is 'sex.gif'.

I guess it was easier than looking it up in the dictionary on a hunch. :D

gnrlies

HSC
well its the kind of subject (in my7 school at least cos i go to a comprehensive school) where you have maybe 6 people out ofr like 45 who actually try and get good marks and then the rest dont give a shit and have really poor marks comparitively.

My aim is to be one of those 4. My major project is looking to be well over 150 pages long and although it doest require that much study for key concepts i hope do nail the exams.

D

d00d

150 pgs ur a fucken idiot. i hope u realise in the end u'll prolly just end up with a band 5. why don't u spend more time on ur other subjects?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah man 150 pages? man it doesnt matter how long ur assignment is.... 150 pages? darn man, thats a BIT extreme dont u think?

remember whats importand: QUALITY not QUANTITY.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by professor
150 pgs?!?! i though this was an IPT forum, not ext2 english!!!!
LOL yeah its crazy hey?
mUahuAH

man 150 pages on what man? what was ur project on?

professor

Originally posted by gnrlies
although it doest require that much study for key concepts i hope do nail the exams.
key concepts, u dun need them? woah!! i only got 41/69 for my half yrlies and thats all from my common sense from IT and IPT (and the fact i have a computer geek dad)...if u wanna nail it, u need concepts

gnrlies

HSC
Originally posted by professor

key concepts, u dun need them? woah!! i only got 41/69 for my half yrlies and thats all from my common sense from IT and IPT (and the fact i have a computer geek dad)...if u wanna nail it, u need concepts
Well i actually made a mistake in what i said...

I meant that you need to study the key concepts, but the rest is basically common sense...

So thinks like token ring networks, and handshaking, and data mining etc need to be revised becuase they are not really common sense things. But a lot of the application in the free response questions are pretty open as far as applying commoin sense.

The 150 pages thing was quite common. We had a girl who last year came like in the top 10 and she did like about that long, and our teacher showed us, and naturally we all thought that it was the standard length. It actually doesn't take that long to get that much with all the diagrams and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)