Does Any1 need Help? (1 Viewer)

im jess

heya i do pdhpe too :)

also, you spelt LMNOP wrong if your refering to the bodyboarding LMNOP.... its elemenohpee.... :) im not been critical or anything so dont get mad.... im just pointing it out :)

jism

HEYA!!

when applying ottawa charter to priority areas did you guys look at every single priority area? my class had an assessment on just one priority area, and got photo copies of others?

do you know what i mean?

cheers:confused:

lizzies85

we did them in class, as a class, but also got given some sheets, depending on wot textbook u have, check in there, there maybe ottawa charters on each priority area in there??

Jayme

HSC
Hey Lizzie,
What text book are you using........priority areas and the ottawa charter is where i get stuck.
:confused:

did n e 1 do in major depth the Jakarta Declaration??????:) Cos we barely touched on it, and i get soooooo confused with applying the Jakarta declaration and the Ottawa Charter........they are basically the same thing!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

jism

heya,
we did not go over the jakarta declaration in that much detail. im not sure if we have to know each area!?!

but i think i will learn the headings just in case. although it isnt in the dot points, just in the other students column...

:(

Christie

Has anyone seen the PDHPE 2001 Specimen paper?
If they have, do you know whether the PDH exam can ask us questions like in Section III of the paper, for Improving performance:

Select either a power athlete or an endurance athlete. Design a training program for this athlete, justifying the key features that would need to be included

I didnt think they could ask us to design a training program, i thought they could ask us to discuss, but not actually design one.
Does anyone know?

Jemima

Good Looking Member
You indeed can be asked to design a training program, we've had to do it in every exam we've had on PE, especially in Core 2. (Factors Affecting Performance).

Unfortunately we may be asked to design it, then discuss the physiological changes in the body as a result of the training program, however, a question that in depth wouldn't be too likely.

Does anyone have a summary on the Health of Young People cos I have no idea about that, and that mightn't be too good for the exam.

:wave::jedi:

im jess

i think that they will ask us something big on the jakarta dec..... cause last year they didnt mention it, only ottawa charter.... so i think we should study JD up ....

Christie

do u reckon they really will ask us about the Jakarta declaration??? because they asked a question on it last year, altough it was only a small one. So u reckon to study up on that?

NickyP

what is there to know about jakarta aside from the headings?? how is it different to ottowa and also what is an example of a qu. they could ask?? like an ottoowa question only with the jakarta headings? with designing training programs apart from reistance training what elce should you talk about? principles of training? micro and macro cycles?? where do you stop??:giddy:

:insight

Sure thing ;)

static
- muscle streched SLOWLY to a position for 10-30 seconds
- the strech should be comfortable and not have any pain or discomfort with it.
- enhances joint mobility, increases blood flow
- the safest form of streching

PNF (stands for proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation)
- this is an extention of the static strech, enabling you to go past your range of movement by employing an immovable object or person as a resistence.
- for example, you lay on your back on ground, put your leg on a kneeling person's shoulder infront of you.. then that person stands up slowly and streches your leg further than you could on your own.

ballistic
- repeated BOUNCING or SWINGING movements
- not advised unless a TRAINED ATHLETE as it can cause muscle tears because the muscle actually contracts when it should be relaxing (use phrases like these they illustrate that you know some key words, they love that ;))
- done only after static and ballistic streching has been done, so the body is already warm and blood is flowing
- used for specific movements for example (always use EXAMPLES wherever possible!) eg: a football goalkicker would swing his leg at or past his range of movement (ROM) mimicking the movement done when executing the actual kick in game.

dynamic
im a little light on this one... can anyone help out?

You'll find i probably have missed out a few points which tends to be the case with PD/H/PE. u can never remember ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about the course so just try to rememeber a couple of STRONG points and hopefully your memory will fill in the gaps for you come exam time. Good luck ;) get lots of sleep

aspagarus

HSC
Jakarta Declaration

Hey guys..

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion about this jakarta declaration stuff.. By my understanding, the Ottawa Charter and the Jakarta Declaration are pretty similar.. Sure they have different headings:-
Jakarta Declaration
-Promote social responsibility for health
-Increase investments for health development
-Consolidate and expand partnerships for health
-Increase community capacity and empower the individual
-Secure infrastructure for health promotion

Ottawa Charter
-Developing personal skills
-Strengthening community action
-Creating supportive environments
-Reorienting health services
-Building public health policy

But they both fall under what they call the New Public Health Approach (Now I am sure that you have all heard of that.. it is in the course.. probably more than the Jakarta Declaration is. :)
The New Public Health Approach is a the most recent approach to health promotion. Unlike the Therapeutic Era and the 'Individual Lifestyle' Approach, the New Public Health Approach for Health Promotion acknowledges the roles of living conditions, social, economic and environmental factors which determine health. It focuses on establishing programs, policies, and services.
Headings:
Empowerment of individuals
Individuals, when able to participate in political, cultural or social processes, are able to state their needs and have power over their health status.
Community Participation
This is to do with strategies developed by communities in relation to improving health status.
Recognising Social Determinants of Health
For example, Socio-economic status, socail exclusion, employment, access, transport, social justice.

The Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion(1986) and the Jakarta Declaration on Leading Health Promotion into the 21st Century (1997) are just statements which have been designed to guide governments in the world in their approach to promoting health. And it seems that they use the New Public Health Approach as a guideline. If you have a closer look at the three listed above, they are all saying the same thing.. its just that some are much more long-winded than others..

I hope that helped.. it always help prepare for an exam coming here and trying to answer questions people ask.. heaps of fun too. It took me ages to grasp the concept of Health Promotion.. but now I understand that it is used by companies.. etc.. to promote health. If you watch all of the ads on tv, it is so easy to see which part of the ottawa they are using to promote health..

aspagarus

HSC
Ads

Thanks .. I just popped on the net to print your last post out :) I needed some good info on PNF.. From my understanding, dynamic stretching is one which involes relative motion of a limb etc.. Like Isotonic contractions.. as opposed to the static type of stretching (Iometric), where there is no motion.. So PNF and Ballistic possibly fall under this.
In regards to the advertising... mmm, now that is a toughy.. you are testing my memory now. Ok, like the Slip Slop Slap advertising campaign.. That is designed to Develop Skills in relation to sun safety, and also to Strengthen the Community's action in regards to this.
Life Be In It- is very similar to above
All of the safe driving campaigns.. The drink driving campaigns, ages ago, the stop smoking campaigns etc..
I honestly can't remember anymore at the moment.. I did an assessment ages ago which I am planning to post on here some time after I finish the exams, so if people wanna find some applications of the Ottawa Charter, you'll have to wait for a bit..
Sorry I couldn't help much more.. but you just have to, when you see an ad that is potentially promoting health, analyse it and to see where it is coming from. Some are easier than others..

Kezza

for the ads
also remember the active australia campaign

and for others like
beyond blue...... for depression under mental health as well.

i think thats all i can remember apart from the ones already added

aspagarus

HSC
Just another note.. when looking for examples of the Ottawa chater etc, you don't only have to look for advertising.. I mean, the concepts are of 'promoting' health, not 'advertising' health.. So even on the news you can hear about doctors rallying together to visit schools and give health talks, or appearing on the radio etc.. It is about promoting, or encouraging health for all Australians. It can appear in the form of advertising but it is also present on most other things also..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)