• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone go to St.andrews? (1 Viewer)

chardie2

hey there,

Just wondering if anyone on this forum is in year 12 st st andrews school in the city (sydney)?????????

Please let me know.

Charde.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Recently I went to a production of King Lear at the Riverside theatres - it was full of them... damn private schools - they got the seats directly in front of the stage while we (the public schools students) watched from the side:chainsaw:
Private schools:angry:
As a side note - I heard from my chem teacher that public school graduates perform better than private school graduates with similar UAIs:p - we did a play mocking Kings.... muahahahaha

Who would go to a private school? - students whose parents want to impress others:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Who would go to a private school? - students whose parents want to impress others:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:
*cough cough* listen, just because u dnt have enough money 2 go to a private school, dnt bag them out.

Zarathustra

Dasein
HSC
So the advantages are.... proving to others that you have enough money to go.... geez with that logic you could be the Prime Minister;)... great refutation :p :p :p
So you are agreeing with me but using an ad hominem argument to confuse me.... :p :p :p .... I'm confused:confused: :confused: ... that might be due to my inferior public school education:p - that must be why public schools dominate the top 5 - and JRAHS (a public school) has been the undisputed top school in NSW (and Australia) for over a decade...

EDIT: What School do you go to Queenie (not another self-hating public school-ite noooooo!)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
damn private schools - they got the seats directly in front of the stage while we (the public schools students) watched from the side:chainsaw:
what if they booked first or something?

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
So the advantages are.... proving to others that you have enough money to go.... geez with that logic you could be the Prime Minister;)... great refutation :p :p :p
So you are agreeing with me but using an ad hominem argument to confuse me.... :p :p :p .... I'm confused:confused: :confused: ... that might be due to my inferior public school education:p - that must be why public schools dominate the top 5 - and JRAHS (a public school) has been the undisputed top school in NSW (and Australia) for over a decade...

EDIT: What School do you go to Queenie (not another self-hating public school-ite noooooo!)
hey, its not like i said that the private schools were better than the public schools, all i said is that u shouldnt bag them out....and NO im not a self-hating public school-ite, and as a matter of fact, i dnt have to justify anything 2 u, so im not telling u wat school i go 2.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Recently I went to a production of King Lear at the Riverside theatres - it was full of them... damn private schools - they got the seats directly in front of the stage while we (the public schools students) watched from the side:chainsaw:
As a side note - I heard from my chem teacher that public school graduates perform better than private school graduates with similar UAIs:p - we did a play mocking Kings.... muahahahaha

From someone who is so has taken upon the mantle of one of Nietzsche's works im a bit disappointed at those comments :D

I went to a catholic school, not a private one, and trust me the funding we receive is pretty shitty for a catholic school. we lost basically all arts departments in 1 year, after building them up for 5.

Private schools, the concept does sound a bit elitist, but remember its not usually the students choice to attend one, as they are enrolled there from year 7, and not many year 7' s really think "oh kings lets go there" so i have no qualms with the majority of students from there. It those who pride themselves with money and show it around that shit me.

Public schools are better serviced in that the teachers are more dedicated, remember theyre there for smaller pay, longer hours, bigger classes, etc.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Originally posted by chardie2
hey there,

Just wondering if anyone on this forum is in year 12 st st andrews school in the city (sydney)?????????

Please let me know.

Charde.
I beat their cricket team earlier this year..........

Zarathustra

Dasein
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
From someone who is so has taken upon the mantle of one of Nietzsche's works im a bit disappointed at those comments :D
Well I guess Nietzsche would agree with clear class distinctions but that doesn't mean I do:p

Nietzsche himself was extremely poor most of his life (his only income was from a Professor Emeritus pension)

In fact the middle class, and particulary the 'petite bourgeousie,' was the herd that Nietzsche was thinking of - the extremely rich and all others that excel greatly were those that he admired. I doubt very much that Nietzsche would've shown any respect to the middle class :p Those that create and destroy were the highest types - the middle class merely consumes and keeps the status quo;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)