• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DOES ARTS (Psychology) exist!!! (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
AAAHHH! I SWEAR I SAW IT! I CANT FIND IT! now ill stop writing in cap so u can help me...AHHHHHHHHHHHH WHERE IS IT! preferences r due in like...like..4 hours! oh gawd plz say it isnt so...can anyone prove it does exist with the course code?

ps. plz dont ask why im asking this question now...

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I recall Macquarie having a special listing for Arts (psychology).

I read through USYD's psychology website and my impression was that we just apply for a regular BA and choose our majors later. There was something about the BA at Sydney requiring you to do a double major if you intend on majoring in psych. I'm thinking of doing psychology & history maybe.

hApPy1

HSC
asscookie said:
I recall Macquarie having a special listing for Arts (psychology).

I read through USYD's psychology website and my impression was that we just apply for a regular BA and choose our majors later. There was something about the BA at Sydney requiring you to do a double major if you intend on majoring in psych. I'm thinking of doing psychology & history maybe.

then why do i have it recorded on a uselss peice of computer paper that the cut off for Arts (Psychology) at USYD was 90.20 :( and so specific too *wipes tear*

A

adamsaclown

probably cos they're not very professional sometimes (usyd).

i think the poster before is right about you having to do two majors if you wanna major in Psychology in an Arts degree @ USYD.

Other unis (Macq, UWS) have BA (Psychology) though , if that helps :)

rego2

HSC
511214 - Bachelor of Arts and Sciences at University of Sydney

Hope that helps.
BTW is Psychology worth getting into? like i dont see much job around for it and is it hard 2 study?

wanton-wonton

HSC
At USYD, I hear that Psyc is a major in Arts in one year and then a major in Science in another year, and the cycle continues. They're exactly the same course, just different names. You can, of course, do the umm...B Psych.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think BA(Psych) only exists for the combined degree with education.

HSC
My UAC guide agrees with asscookie - you can do psychology as a major in arts if you do another arts major with it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I think there's a
B Arts/Education (Psychology) course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)