• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

does EE1 have to count in order that EE2 may also count? (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
I was just wondering.... like what if u went really bad in EE1 but for EE2 u went really good... would EE1 have to count before EE2.....

and also i read somewhere that the best 2 units of english are counted...... so does that mean ur 2units advanced course does not have to be counted if ur extension and extension 2 have a higher total????

Last edited:

phatic

HSC
I'm assuming by "count" you mean towards your UAI.

If you only complete 10 units for your HSC, then all of them will count. But if you're doing 11 or 12, they take the best 10. So if you're doing 11 units including EE1 and EE2, and EE1 is your lowest scoring subject (out of your whole HSC), it won't count. But EE2 should still count, even if EE1 doesnt (in the abovementioned case). I can't imagine why it wouldn't...

EE1 and EE2 are both 1 unit courses, so they both contribute 50 marks each towards your UAI, as opposed to the 100 marks conributed by a 2 unit course.

Nah, EE1 and EE2 don't replace English Advanced. By your best 2 units of English they mean either Advanced or Standard(or the others, ESL etc). I'm not quite sure why they say "best two".

Hope that answered your question...

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
phatic said:
I'm assuming by "count" you mean towards your UAI.

If you only complete 10 units for your HSC, then all of them will count. But if you're doing 11 or 12, they take the best 10. So if you're doing 11 units including EE1 and EE2, and EE1 is your lowest scoring subject (out of your whole HSC), it won't count. But EE2 should still count, even if EE1 doesnt (in the abovementioned case). I can't imagine why it wouldn't...

EE1 and EE2 are both 1 unit courses, so they both contribute 50 marks each towards your UAI, as opposed to the 100 marks conributed by a 2 unit course.

Nah, EE1 and EE2 don't replace English Advanced. By your best 2 units of English they mean either Advanced or Standard(or the others, ESL etc). I'm not quite sure why they say "best two".

Hope that answered your question...

yep sure did... thanx alot for that........ just wondering cause i don't really have high hopes for EE1 and yeh i do 11 units soooooooo.,..
yeh thanx a heap...

and yeh i was reffering to UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)