Does ranking matter in EXT2? (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
I mean there isn't much more to the post than the title. But does moderation / adjustment in terms of your rank come into affect with Eng Ext 2? I read somewhere that, that only happens when there is an external exam. But my teachers think that it's not the same. Just wondering if anyone knows.

kingpalindrome

HSC
I mean there isn't much more to the post than the title. But does moderation / adjustment in terms of your rank come into affect with Eng Ext 2? I read somewhere that, that only happens when there is an external exam. But my teachers think that it's not the same. Just wondering if anyone knows.
Yeah it definitely does matter. I was ranked 1st for ext 2 because I performed very well in internal assessments. However, this didn't change the fact that my actual major work was pretty awful. So I had an exam mark of my actual major work score (I think 39) but my assessment mark was the highest exam mark (44). (39+44)/2 = 42, so I ended up with a mark of 42. Had I been ranked towards the bottom of my class, I could have ended up with a mark of something like 34 instead of 42

aqwerty13402

HSC
Yeah it definitely does matter. I was ranked 1st for ext 2 because I performed very well in internal assessments. However, this didn't change the fact that my actual major work was pretty awful. So I had an exam mark of my actual major work score (I think 39) but my assessment mark was the highest exam mark (44). (39+44)/2 = 42, so I ended up with a mark of 42. Had I been ranked towards the bottom of my class, I could have ended up with a mark of something like 34 instead of 42
Oh my god i didn't know this. I thought it didnt matter. I only have 4 people in my cohort doing it, and my motivation is in the toilet so I assume I wont score a band 6. I'm ranked 1st rn, maybe its worth me keeping it? Jic i mess up advanced?

kingpalindrome

HSC
Oh my god i didn't know this. I thought it didnt matter. I only have 4 people in my cohort doing it, and my motivation is in the toilet so I assume I wont score a band 6. I'm ranked 1st rn, maybe its worth me keeping it? Jic i mess up advanced?
Tbh if your motivation is awful and you don't want to do it I would recommend dropping, it just gives you so much less work to have to drag yourself to do. If you're enjoying it keep it. I would say it's more likely that you'll mess up EE2 than Advanced. I did actually mess up advanced but it still counted towards my units just because it was better than EE2 - so unless you're enjoying it and willing to put in a lot of effort in EE2 don't count on it as a safety net

With all that said, I did love my class for EE2 so even if I'd known it wouldn't count towards my atar I still probably would have kept it. If you're unsure, keep it until you know for certain that you want to drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)