• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

does sending out resumes help (1 Viewer)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
LAst month i went to castle towers & sent out resumes to stores. some of theme didnt have positions But accepted my resume, some of them didnt so i said 2 them STFU.

anyway if u go around stores & give them ya resume is it worth it or a watse of time.

i was wondering if there are any casuals avalible at the towers (if anyone knows)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it is worth it
but you have to do a lot of them
and keep giving them in, especially in peak hiring times

lei

HSC
I think it depends on the employer. I work at a supermarket and when people come in and hand resumes to us, we tell them they get filed however I'm pretty sure they just get shoved away somewhere.
Happy job hunting

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
You just have to be at the right place at the right time. If you know anyone who works at any shop in the towers ask them if anyone's left/they're looking for people, if they are, show up with your resume. Other than that, just keep trying, you have to hand your resume in to, I'd say, at least 15-20 places before you even get a call (I handed out about 10 once and got nowhere). Don't give up is the main thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)