• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does the number of subjects I do (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
effect my GPA? I want to drop down to three units, will this have a negative effect on my GPA?

klh

HSC
i dont think it will affect your gpa, i mean 4 passes and 3 passes will still equal a gpa of 4.0 or a pass average...depends on how you see it. if the work load is less and thus you can do more and better your work, than indirectly, it will affect your gpa but i dont think it will affect it "directly".

Printmaker

HSC
N/A
No, it won't affect your GPA at all.

HD=7
D=6
C=5
P=4

Add together such as for three subjects, a 4+5+5= 14 then 14 divided by 3= 4.6666666

If you have four subjects say 4+5+5+4=18 divided by 4= 4.5.

Getting the drift?

LMM

LMM
HSC
As per Printmaker, klh & natstar, it won't make a difference. The only way your GPA will be affected will depend on the grades you achieve.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
but um dont u have to do 40 credit points each semester if you are first year or somethin
Now where on earth did you hear that? I knew people in first year who were doing 3 subjects.

Sometimes you just can't cope with 4 subjects, so you can just do 3 subjects, however, you'll be at uni longer than you expected, unless you do 5 subjects one semester, which would be unlikely if you didn't do 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)