• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Doing a full degree overseas (2 Viewers)

Chum!`

HSC
I am a year 12 student and i have decided i want to do Ornithology ( zoology study of bids) at university anyway the problem is the only university in australia that offers ornithology as a degree is CSU which is just out of the question for me personally anyway i have found that there are wuite a few overseas courses that seem perfect for what i want my question is how do i go about getting to do a full degree overseas the only information i can find involves doing part of your degree overseas

LordPc

HSC
firstly, starting using full stops. It makes your paragraphs easier to read.

Secondly, if you have found a few universities that teach the degree you want to do, then go to thier websites. they usually have a section devoted to international students who wish to study at thier university, complete with requirements and such (from what Ive seen, you have to prove you can afford all the study expenses).

So after you do a little research and find a few universities that you would like to study at, send them each an email to inquire further

spence

HSC
I am a year 12 student and i have decided i want to do Ornithology ( zoology study of bids) at university anyway the problem is the only university in australia that offers ornithology as a degree is CSU which is just out of the question for me personally anyway i have found that there are wuite a few overseas courses that seem perfect for what i want my question is how do i go about getting to do a full degree overseas the only information i can find involves doing part of your degree overseas
Just curious but why is CSU out of the question for you, but going overseas isn't?

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Why don't you get a BSc in zoology here and then go OS for post grad work in ornithology? It is generally much easier to study overseas at post grad level and if your undergraduate results are good (i.e., first class honours) you can often get somebody else to pay for it.

X

xeuyrawp

Why don't you get a BSc in zoology here and then go OS for post grad work in ornithology? It is generally much easier to study overseas at post grad level and if your undergraduate results are good (i.e., first class honours) you can often get somebody else to pay for it.
^ Absolutely. I personally think it's silly to do undergrad overseas, when you could just do 3-4 years here, and then get a full (+more) scholarship to do grad work overseas.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
you got to be a rich mother fucker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)