• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dr du ext 2 for accelerants... (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Bruh even as accelerants (not just me but the whole cohort that does the course in the city) are not given the opportunity to do a1s (if they didn't make a1 in the 3u yr 12 course) for e2 even tho they had harder quizes and entrance exams in their previous program in comparison to students taking the normal pathway. any1 else think this is beyond unfair? Should I ask if its alr to get switched? Its annoying asf knowing that I am more than capable of doing a1s. (currently in a2s)

Last edited:

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
Bruh even as accelerants (not just me but the whole cohort that does the course in the city) are not given the opportunity to do a1s (if they didn't make a1 in the 3u yr 12 course) for e2 even tho they had harder quizes and entrance exams in their previous program in comparison to students taking the normal pathway. any1 else think this is beyond unfair? Should I ask if its alr to get switched? Its annoying asf knowing that I am more than capable of doing a1s. (currently in a2s)
It sounds frustrating to feel limited in your math pathway, especially if you believe you have the capability to succeed in the A1 course. Many students face similar situations where they feel their potential is not fully recognized due to rigid program structures. Here are a few points to consider:

1. Discuss with Your Teacher: It's worth approaching your teacher or academic advisor to express your concerns. Highlight your previous performance, and how you believe you would thrive in the A1 course. They might be able to provide insight into the criteria for switching and the possibility of an exception.
  2. Understand the Pathways: Sometimes, the pathways are designed to ensure that all students are appropriately challenged without overwhelming them. However, if you’ve consistently demonstrated high performance, advocating for a switch could be justified.
  3. Document Your Performance: If you can, compile any evidence of your past achievements, such as quiz scores or feedback from previous programs. This can support your case for switching to A1.
  4. Connect with Peers: Talk to classmates or peers who might feel similarly. A collective voice can often have a stronger impact when approaching administration.
  5. Look for Opportunities: Some schools have assessment or application processes for students wishing to advance. If such options exist, be sure to inquire about them.
Ultimately, it’s important to advocate for yourself, especially when it comes to your education. It’s reasonable to seek out a path that reflects your abilities and aspirations. Good luck!

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
literally
It sounds frustrating to feel limited in your math pathway, especially if you believe you have the capability to succeed in the A1 course. Many students face similar situations where they feel their potential is not fully recognized due to rigid program structures. Here are a few points to consider:

1. Discuss with Your Teacher: It's worth approaching your teacher or academic advisor to express your concerns. Highlight your previous performance, and how you believe you would thrive in the A1 course. They might be able to provide insight into the criteria for switching and the possibility of an exception.
  2. Understand the Pathways: Sometimes, the pathways are designed to ensure that all students are appropriately challenged without overwhelming them. However, if you’ve consistently demonstrated high performance, advocating for a switch could be justified.
  3. Document Your Performance: If you can, compile any evidence of your past achievements, such as quiz scores or feedback from previous programs. This can support your case for switching to A1.
  4. Connect with Peers: Talk to classmates or peers who might feel similarly. A collective voice can often have a stronger impact when approaching administration.
  5. Look for Opportunities: Some schools have assessment or application processes for students wishing to advance. If such options exist, be sure to inquire about them.
Ultimately, it’s important to advocate for yourself, especially when it comes to your education. It’s reasonable to seek out a path that reflects your abilities and aspirations. Good luck!
nothing from that was useful...

zzz5428

HSC
The entrance test for 4U they gave should testing 3U content which you should be expected to do fairly well in if you wanted to get into A1 anyways

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
The entrance test for 4U they gave should testing 3U content which you should be expected to do fairly well in if you wanted to get into A1 anyways
I got tested on 3u topics yr 12 after the course was alr finished and hence I was tested on shit thats way harder than neccesary for entry into a1. The test was not yr 11 prelim stuff or anything lmfao- i,e. differential eqns apps, rates of change using integration, vectors, etc- note asw they arent stock standard past paper qns, they were made to fuck w u- as in qns with 'noen of the above' or obvious answers that don't seem plausible because the answer was given in the question) . its not exactly fair then is it. esp when I was also 3% away as a 'yr 12 student for 2024 course' from the a1 program like cmon...

Last edited:

epicmaths

HSC
N/A
From what I've seen of students showing me their Dr Du homework - they ask for too many unnecessary / out of current syllabus questions...my opinion is that it becomes a point of diminishing returns to invest this much time into that kind of work - you are better off devoting your time to other subjects where your rank in your cohort is paramount to your ATAR contribution (Adv English and basically everything that's not Ext1/2 maths).

Of course getting into A1 is a bit of a flex so you do you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)