Dutch Continuers (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
is anybody doin this because i want to know if the course is similar to german as im the only person doin it in my school

chepas

HSC
If you're in luck you will be the only person doing it in the whole state, like the lone candidate this year :D.

To me Dutch just looks and sounds like a drunk version of German :p. jk hehe :)

chicaraca

Australierin
HSC
N/A
haha i read about that girl in the SMH! wie lustig!
and yes i agree chepas!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
don't worry only 3 people finished it last year, does anyone know if saturday school offers combined prelim/hsc courses like they teach in TAFE?
and Ihavenothing U bent zeker Nederlands? Which part?

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
Is it true that Dutch people can understand German? Or vice versa? I know there are a lot of similarities. Some Dutch guys my friends and I met reckon they could.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well it depends on the area, the place my mother grew up in was fairly near to thew border so her and her siblings are all like quadrilingual, but for me understanding German would be like reading everything backwards in the mirror.
A good example is that during the wars, apparently the dutch used certain passwords that were completely unpronouncable by someone with a german accent

noah

HSC
i can speak german nad it is true i can read dutch (and afrikaans) and get the main gist and a lot of the details but if somebody spoke it to me i would'nt be able understand a thing

classics_chic

HSC
Dutch? Was fuer ein Quatsch?

Anyway, I can read a lot of Dutch, but I don't know anyone who's done it. I think the Dutch can read German as well (although that might be to do with the fact that their country has been trampled on by so many other countries over the years, most of them can speak 4 languages or something).

(I tutor- I have competitive rates, I come to you, and I'm doing honours preparation in ancient history and English! PM/ Email me for details)

chepas

HSC
classics_chic said:
Was fuer ein Quatsch?
HAHAHAHA. Ja, ich auch - ich hab' es schon gedacht :D. Naja, die Holländer sind alle schöne Leute, ne? :p.

My bestest best friend who's Dutch (well, Aussie but now has her Dutch passport. *Green with envy. Just cos my mum's an Aussie citizen means I can't get a German one :mad: baah) is about to embark off to Europe for 9 months. *Green with envy again :)*. I am still to try some of this rather strange Dutch cuisine - poffertjes, and, stumpot. The latter sounding rather gross.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
the latter is rather boring, I suggest you try the croquetten-YUMMY!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
chepas said:
Oooh. Please explain :uhhuh:
Well croquetten are delicous pieces of crumbed yum-ness which usually contain beef ,chicken or potatoe but can also come in salmon or prawn or mussel varieties. They are usually about the size of a frankfurt but are slightly thicker. Everyone should try a croquetten :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)