DVD: region 1 (2 Viewers)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
"This is a genuine region 1 dvd so please make sure your dvd player is able to play region 1 (NTSC) dvds. If you are unsure about your dvd player please check with your player's manual, retailer or manufacturer."

What the hell does this mean? I bought some dvd's on ebay and got em today. When i throw them in my dvd player i hear sound but get a scambled line for image.

When i throw it into my computer i get this screen (with something that said "4 times remaining") that allowed me to play the dvd's in region 1 format....

Urmm .... wtf!?

Ac

Winston

HSC
Most DVD players allows only 4 maximum regions, a region refers to the country the DVD was from, so if you got some from america, some from china etc... everytime it's different you minus one region from the total of 4 times you have, so once you reach the 4th chance and u played i duno sayy australia, ur forever locked in to use australia DVD's only... but i think there's a way around it, however we shall not discuss about this.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
yes there is a way around it, and it is legal, you can actually call up the manufacturer and ask them how to make your dvd "region free"
just go to www.dvdrhelp.com and you will find out how to there.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
DVD region killer is a software region remover.. but im not sure where to got it from

another legal way
its either upgrade firmware or codes from manufacturer

if the thing u do to ure unit/DVD-rom thing alters the copy protection mechanism (macrovision) then IT IS ILLEGAL..

codes from manufacturer lik teac and LG are legal.. and according to ACCC should be allowed as region coding restricts competitive a market.. but circumventing this does not allow recordindgs to be made

Last edited:

JRasnier

dvd region 1 dvds, means there meant to be played in usa. but as the others have said there is ways around it...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Winston said:
Most DVD players allows only 4 maximum regions, a region refers to the country the DVD was from, so if you got some from america, some from china etc... everytime it's different you minus one region from the total of 4 times you have, so once you reach the 4th chance and u played i duno sayy australia, ur forever locked in to use australia DVD's only... but i think there's a way around it, however we shall not discuss about this.
There should aways be an option, however, to go back to your computers default (so you wont get stuck on a stupid region)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Well. I checked my dvd player and it is multiregion: and i chnaged the option and it works!

But how cani make my computer stop counting down!?

Ac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)