• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

dye doesnt hold in my hair... (1 Viewer)

xoxo

HSC
well, iv had my eyelashes dyed a few times and it doesnt make a difference to my eyes! my eyelashes pretty much dont exist without mascara and i was hoping that by getting them dyed i wouldnt have to wear it as much. but for some reason my hair doesnt hold the dye.

this is also the same for the hair on my head. my friends and i used this dye thing the other week that comes out in a few washes. it was great on their hair but didnt make a difference to mine at all

does anyone know if there is something i can do abt it? does anyone have the same problem???

em_516

bludging..
HSC
maybe your hair colour didn't show it up as well or you washed your hair too much
temporary dyes are crap

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have the same kinda problem with the hair on my head, and i think it's just got something to do with having fine hair, plus i probably wash it too much. i don't have a problem with it actually showing up (im blonde, anything will show up) but it's actually getting it to stay that can be an issue. i don't worry too much about it coz i prefer my natural colour anyway. if you want ideas on how to get dye to hold in your hair i'd say talk to your hairdresser, they can probably recommend some products or methods for you...the only thing i can think of is that you might want to bleach your hair before you dye it, i've heard that bleached hair holds colour better for some reason...but it might also ruin your hair. so bottom line, talk to your hairdresser about it. :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i have the same kinda problem with the hair on my head, and i think it's just got something to do with having fine hair
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i've heard that bleached hair holds colour better for some reason...but it might also ruin your hair
well that'd probably be it wouldn't it? if fine hair can't hold dye, and bleached hair can..wouldn't that be because bleach ruins and thickens hair?

i'm currently growing my hair out, trying to get all natural colour back (such.a.long.process. :mad1:) and the dyed part isn't the same anymore..it's definitely lightened..my hairdresser pretty much told me shit happens :) haha

xoxo

HSC
trolloutaface said:
ew don't dye your eyelashes :/
oh no, not dye as in at home dye thing, but getting them tinted at a salon

i dont mind so much abt my hair not holding the dye its more my eyelashes. im happy with my natural hair colour, but i just rather my eyelashes dark...unless my hairdresser would be able to help with that as well...
thanks guys :)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
oh really.. damn. Hmm well maybe it's the product you're using? Or the amount of time you leave the dye in your hair?

xoxo

HSC
lol iv tried all that :(
it really sucks haha
unless there is something they could put on my hair/eyelashes before hand to help it 'soak in' more?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
you should ask a professional place about it first before doing anything... don't want them falling off. hehe

xoxo

HSC
hahah definitely not
i think id rather blonde eyelashes than none at all :)

bottomsup

HSC
Have you tried going to another salon? It could just be the tint that the salon you go to is using.
My mum is a beauty therapist and I don't think any of her clients have had this problem.
When you get your eyelashes tinted, how long is the tint left on your lashes for before it's removed?

xoxo

HSC
iv been to about 3 and gotten black and blue black
they left it on for 10 or 15 minutes i think

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
did you google this =D? it's bound to have something.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Light hair doesn't hold colour as well as dark hair. Therefore if you colour it you need to use a conditioner to make it last. It is unstable until the colour stays in your hair.

I recently went brunette from blonde and thats what the hairdresser told me.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont understand tinting eyelashes. it's not as if putting on mascara is very time-consuming or difficult, and the effect is so much nicer with plumped, sculpted, curled eyelashes rather than just a darker colour...

...plus, in about half the cases, i see girls with a dark tinge around the lashline where the beautician has fucked up.

...also, dye close to my eye, no thanks.

xoxo

HSC
i love my mascara as well, but round summer i would really love to be able to just jump into a pool or at the ebach and not have to worry abt panda eyes.
i know that im being superficial, materialistic whatever u want to call it, but i really have no eyelashes without mascara and i just like having a bit of colour and hate being seen without it....so yeah.....:)

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
So then? Why not invest in a good quality mascara. I don't often wear makeup, only on stage, but my mascara is so heavy duty that I can shower in mine and it won't come off.

Using makeup remover on my mascara is a mean feat and most of the time it doesn't even come off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)