• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dyin for help!!! (1 Viewer)

mrs_kangta

HSC
i know its the second term alreadi, and i realli need to make up my mind, i need to drop a subject btw ancient and geo, i hav the same interest to both, with nearly the same level of skills, i've done two or three assessments for a.h alreadi, and 1 or 2 for geo, i'm an arts person, so i'm thinkin mayb a.h can help??or mayb it wud be more interestin and appealin??? buh i'm not an english person, and a.h. involves alot of essays and proficiency in language, it also didn't turn out to be wat i expected b4, buh then, geo, i realli don't like fieldwork and all that, esp. SGP, howeva friends and others told me that its an easier sub, and less competitive, and things like that, i know i shud not consider these factors, and listen to wat my heart follows, buh i'm realli an indecisive person, and often contradict with myself, so can people please help me????? ADVICE please!!!!!!
thank u!!!!:confused:

passion89

HSC
You've started 2 threads on this - Pleas next time post the one.

Firstly, why do you need to drop a subject in year 11? Unless you already have too many units...

Noone can really tell you which one you should drop except you. You've decided that you like both so now you just have to eliminate which you think is harder or for which subject you find the topics less interesting. From your post, I'd say to drop ancient history because it really does involve a lot of english and if you find that your weak point, then maybe you should consider dropping it. However, geography involves english as well (though, not as much). But then it's all upto you and noone can really tell you what to drop because, in the end, you probably wont agree with the decision. You should really think about this further and decide for yourself.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
mrs_kangta said:
i know its the second term alreadi, and i realli need to make up my mind, i need to drop a subject btw ancient and geo, i hav the same interest to both, with nearly the same level of skills, i've done two or three assessments for a.h alreadi, and 1 or 2 for geo, i'm an arts person, so i'm thinkin mayb a.h can help??or mayb it wud be more interestin and appealin??? buh i'm not an english person, and a.h. involves alot of essays and proficiency in language, it also didn't turn out to be wat i expected b4, buh then, geo, i realli don't like fieldwork and all that, esp. SGP, howeva friends and others told me that its an easier sub, and less competitive, and things like that, i know i shud not consider these factors, and listen to wat my heart follows, buh i'm realli an indecisive person, and often contradict with myself, so can people please help me????? ADVICE please!!!!!!
Keep Ancient History. nuff said`

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Lets see if i were in situation as you ...

My School Certificate results,

Geography: Band 4 - 77
History: Band 5 - 80

I would stick with A.History if i didnt have a choice, but I hate BOTH geography and history ...
i would compare sc results b4 finalising my subjects

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
Just to help others make their decision for mrs_kangta she has currently 16 units + saturday school.

lol have fun helping her out

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
i'd take a.h if i were you, because it'll help you in your essay writing for english haha

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
whoa buddy double posting !

Lets see if i were in situation as you ...

My School Certificate results,

Geography: Band 4 - 77
History: Band 5 - 80

I would stick with A.History if i didnt have a choice, but I hate BOTH geography and history ...
i would compare sc results before finalising my subjects

oh hey yoaklim !

oh hi add me on msn too mrs_kangta
... jasonwolf01 [at] hotmail [dot] com ..... (avoiding spam scanners)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You've outlined more problems with doing geo than a.h so I reckon you should stick with history if you must drop only one of the two subjects.

Last edited:

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
mrs_kangta said:
If you don't feel confident in your writing skills, then I recommend dropping Ancient History. You are right in saying A.H. involves alot of essays and alot of your marks will depend on your proficiency at explaining the content of the syllabus. For geography, you only go on a few field trips so that should be bearable. Try not to take into account what your friends want you to do. In the end it is your desicion and you are responsible for what you choose.
Also, in future please spell 'but' correctly and not use 'buh'. Good luck :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
exactly, take A.H as it will help you with your essay writing which will also help you with better writing in english. Ancient history is more fun as well :D
i thought i already posted in here...

mrs_kangta

HSC
buh eh, senior geo and anciient is veri different to yr10's. and i got the same mark for both geo and ancient....both 90 band6..........however, comparin to the rest of the state, there r lesser pplz who got into 90s in geo

HSC
FORGET SC RESULTS!
Of course, it may prove slightly if you've got more of a History or Geography suited brain but fcuk it. Learn what you can now and figure out which one suits you best. Forget the past.

I didn't get over 85 in my SC in mathematics.. yet i'm topping my year in 3u???
proven. sc takes balls to the face.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
FORGET SC RESULTS!
Of course, it may prove slightly if you've got more of a History or Geography suited brain but fcuk it. Learn what you can now and figure out which one suits you best. Forget the past.

I didn't get over 85 in my SC in mathematics.. yet i'm topping my year in 3u???
proven. sc takes balls to the face.
What he said ...

Ugh buh there's no hope for u alreadi if you continue to contradict yourself.

HSC
Lol, the SC is sooo last year. :)
Also, i agree with this:
basketcase89 said:
If you don't feel confident in your writing skills, then I recommend dropping Ancient History.

dombro

HSC
if i had a choice betwen ancient history and geography, there is no way in hell i would take geog.....sure it may be considered by some people a little easier, but history is without question more enjoyable (though it is heavy on the old essays).....but if your not real confident with the essays, maybe stick with the geog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)