• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

e-mail notification problem still... (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, i'm still having the problem of not getting notified properly, when someone reply's to on of the threads that i've participated in- i've checked my option and everything, but it doesn't work....i.e it doesn't notify (e-mail me) when someone reply's to my posts. :s

Huy

HSC
N/A
I think you have to subscribe the the thread that you've participated in, to be email-notified? :confused:

I doubt it would do it automatically, think about all of the threads you've posted in! Say goodbye to your inbox. :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
so ur saying, everytime that i need a notification, i shuld click on the "subscribe to this thread" link...even though i posted on that thread. :s

i dunno, this never used to happen to me bfore. and yeah, thats why i haven't been replying to ppl. who's posts are directed at me.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I've never used email-notification ever, but that is my assumption. I don't think you'll be automatically emailed each time someone posts in every thread you have participated in - that is just silly!

I think you should subscribe to the thread(s) in question, to be able to receive email notifications. I made a suggestion a while back concerning filters, much like subscribed threads (and forums), but filtering out forums which you would have no interest in (for example Languages, History, etc) - that way, whenever you check new threads, you will only see sections such as:

IT Stuff
Non-School
School
UAI/HSC Guidance and Counsel, for example.

Try subscribing to each thread, and see if you get any emails. (obvious question: have you enabled email notifications?).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
...Try subscribing to each thread, and see if you get any emails. (obvious question: have you enabled email notifications?).
yeah, i have enabled email notification ages ago- it just stopped working properly just bfore the hsc. :mad1:

but anyways, yeah, i'll just keep subscribing to all the threads that i post on. :eek:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
so ur saying, everytime that i need a notification, i shuld click on the "subscribe to this thread" link...even though i posted on that thread. :s

i dunno, this never used to happen to me bfore. and yeah, thats why i haven't been replying to ppl. who's posts are directed at me.
yes, the only threads you are subscribed to are the ones you begin yourself

and yes, it used to subscribe you to all threads you posted in, but it doesn't any more

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh ok...so i'm not the only one who's facing the problem. :p
no, i was confused for a while as well

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
no, i was confused for a while as well
yeah, in that case i would like to suggest to the admins, that they shuld give us the option as to wether we wanna subscribe to every single thread we post in (automatically) or wether we are only subscribed (automatically) for threads we initiated. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I don't think that's a good idea - subscribing to every thread you've participated in.

But, and I assume this is what you want - subscribing to threads that you've participated in is an idea. :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I don't think that's a good idea - subscribing to every thread you've participated in...
na, it is good in some way, coz i can c if anyone has replied to me or not, coz some ppl. mite ask questions from me, and if i didn't know that, then how will i b able to reply? :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Private Message?

I always check the threads I participate in, just in case. But if I don't get around to it for some reason - I'll usually have someone PM me and ask (or even instruct me) to visit their thread.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Private Message?

I always check the threads I participate in, just in case. But if I don't get around to it for some reason - I'll usually have someone PM me and ask (or even instruct me) to visit their thread.
lol, na but what abt. if ppl. cracking jokes abt. me- i gotta b there to defend myself. :p ....there's other reasons as well, and i hope u c my point. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
haha freaking_out. I'm sure no one is cracking jokes about you. It's a good thing you haven't seen the other thread yet! :p

Here's what you can do, and this solution isn't perfect:

Use the search button, and search for "freaking_out" - that way, you'll know if someone has said your name. It's not the best solution, but it's just one solution. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, in that case i would like to suggest to the admins, that they shuld give us the option as to wether we wanna subscribe to every single thread we post in (automatically) or wether we are only subscribed (automatically) for threads we initiated. :)

user cp/edit options
mine says:
"Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in."

and is said to yes. i know it used to be every thread i participated in, but now it isn't. so maybe they have changed it

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
user cp/edit options
mine says:
"Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in."

and is said to yes. i know it used to be every thread i participated in, but now it isn't. so maybe they have changed it
yeah, i've checked all my user cp and all, so thats why i posted. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)