• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Early Entry (1 Viewer)

Rockstar99

HSC
So I have got an early entry offer for Bachelor of Law and Computer Science at UOW and I was wondering how good UOW's law school is compared to the likes of MQ, UTS and WSU. As TImes High Education ranking shows that UOW is similar in ranking for law with these unis. Also, is this degree worth pursuing at UOW???

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Unlike other fields, there is an emphasis on the university that a law graduate attended at the start of their career, in addition to favourable academic performance throughout their degree. Here, graduates from universities such as USyd and UNSW tend to be prioritised over graduates from other universities. In terms of UoW's position relative to other universities, it can be placed at the same level as WSU and MQ, which is slightly lower than that of UTS.

If you intend to study law, it would be good to do so at the best university from which you receive an offer. If UoW's Bachelor of Computer Science/Bachelor of Laws ends up being your only option (or if you receive an offer from a similarly ranked university instead of a more established law school), you should still study the Bachelor of Laws there, because you would at least have the opportunity to study law instead of pursuing another field simply because you did not manage to receive an offer for a Bachelor of Laws at a more established law school. Subsequently, you can choose to transfer to a university with a more well-established law school (subject to favourable academic performance), or remain enrolled at your current university depending on your experience/circumstances.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)