EAS bonus points for UNSW: anyone know how much it helps? (1 Viewer)

ko0l

Old man
HSC
anyone know how much bonus points it gives??

e.g say if you got 79.90 uai and a course requires 85.00 uai but you use EAS for unsw(bonus points method) and you have 5 points from a psfp( AKA shit school disadvantaged school) plus youth allowance (financial hardship prolly worth 1 point)
anyone know what are the chances of getting into that course is?

im thinking i would work like this but obviously it doesnt. 79.90 uai + 5 (shit school bonus) + youth allowance ( prolly bonus + 1 point) = 79.90 + 5 + 1 = 85.90.

anyway whatever way it works what are the chances that this guy with 79 uai would get into 85 uai course with 5 bonus + youth allowance bonus?? (UNSW)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ko0l said:
anyone know how much bonus points it gives??

e.g say if you got 79.90 uai and a course requires 85.00 uai but you use EAS for unsw(bonus points method) and you have 5 points from a psfp( AKA shit school disadvantaged school) plus youth allowance (financial hardship prolly worth 1 point)
anyone know what are the chances of getting into that course is?

im thinking i would work like this but obviously it doesnt. 79.90 uai + 5 (shit school bonus) + youth allowance ( prolly bonus + 1 point) = 79.90 + 5 + 1 = 85.90.

anyway whatever way it works what are the chances that this guy with 79 uai would get into 85 uai course with 5 bonus + youth allowance bonus?? (UNSW)
The EAS scheme when applied to UNSW can give up to ten points leeway with the cut-offs, depending on how many other EAS applicants there are for the course. UNSW usually publishes cut-off estimates for EAS applicants each year and if you search their site you might find the pdf detailing this information.

You also do NOT get bonus points with UNSW, instead UNSW applies the EAS scheme via the allocation method so how much leeway you get is dependent on how many other people with EAS apply to your chosen course and how high their UAIs are. It is no longer dependent on your circumstances.

ko0l

Old man
HSC
They changed that this year, unsw gives bonus points now, just wondering how much will they give?? estimate?? It is max 10 points but how much will they give to someone who say have disadvantaged school and youth allowance??

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ko0l said:
They changed that this year, unsw gives bonus points now, just wondering how much will they give?? estimate?? It is max 10 points but how much will they give to someone who say have disadvantaged school and youth allowance??
Excepting the disadvantaged school scheme, the university is not advised of what your exact circumstances are so I imagine in that case all other people would recieve bonus points in equal measure. That is if they have changed to the bonus points method.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
UNSW and Usyd have their own schemes kami, they get the information uac get so that they can decide on it cant they?

Anways.

USyd is giving me 5 points. It will help you get into a course
Yeah, each uni decides individually - but UAC doesn't release the details you submit to them for e.g if you put down 'i live in a shack in india during my hsc' 'i walked on a landmine' or whatever then the uni won't know that. I was explicitly told this by my university last year during enrollment when we were advised to disclose any financial or medical difficulties we had in case we needed help as the uni has no prior knowledge of what was entered in the EAS forms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)