• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

EASY 100 LEVEL ELECTIVES..?? (2 Viewers)

robin_mq

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone,

I am bit confused, Its my last semester at Mac uni, My major is Professional Accounting.

I want to choose any undergraduate unit 100 level or above elective, cause my other 3 units are already Hard,

So I want to enroll in any easy elective unit, in which one can reasonably get high marks, I have heard of many options, such as Math123, Frn122, Isys100, the problem with them is I have already done Isys100, Math123 has 4 lectures plus 1 tutorial PER WEEK, Frn122- (Introductory French) i have no idea about french, don't think its any worth for me.

SO,CAN YOU SUGGEST ANY OTHER PREFERABLY 100LEVEL REASONABLY EASY ELECTIVE UNITS FOR D1 2012?

THANKS. HOPE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE OF YOU SOON.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
BUSL100. There is no way you can get a anything less than a high credit if even if you decide to slack off. The end of year exam is open-book and you can take lecture notes and articles with you as well. Also you can take MKTG101 another fairly easy unit.

robin_mq

HSC
N/A
Hey thanks a lot for the suggestion! BUSL100 seems easy and interesting, but I had a look in its unit outline for semester 1 2011 (Latest one available on Macquarie's Website) THERE WAS NOTHING MENTIONED ABOUT ASSESSMENTS! CAN YOU PLS LET ME KNOW, WHAT ARE ITS ASSESSMENTS?? , THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey thanks a lot for the suggestion! BUSL100 seems easy and interesting, but I had a look in its unit outline for semester 1 2011 (Latest one available on Macquarie's Website) THERE WAS NOTHING MENTIONED ABOUT ASSESSMENTS! CAN YOU PLS LET ME KNOW, WHAT ARE ITS ASSESSMENTS?? , THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.
The frist "assessment" if you can even call it that is a 100 word paragraph that just aims to test your referencing skills. It is worth 3 marks, and as long as you know what you are doing you shouldn't get anything less than 3. The next assessment task is a 2000 word essay (your topic will most likely be different than what I did), the essay itself isn't too hard and the markers are pretty lenient (you won't lose too many marks if you stuff up your bibliography and stuff like that). Mind you the essay will be due at the end of Week 5 usually.

After that there is no assessment until the final exam. You are also marked on tutorial participation but since your tutor will get you to present (you just have to present tutorial questions you don't have to prepare beforehand , easy stuff) in pretty much every tutorial, so you will get marks. And as I said the final exam you get to take in your textbook, lecture notes and articles. So this unit is really hard to fail and you are almost guaranteed to get good marks as long as you make a solid effort.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)