Eco stats for HSC (1 Viewer)

indeed

HSC
Hi everyone, I was wondering how HSC students this year or past students memorised stats for eco. The general rule I heard was that any 3 marker or greater in short answers need stats (as well as the essay). Considering the questions could be anything, how is everyone planning to have all the different types of stats for each syllabus dot point memorised?

fuzi

HSC
Okay, so, sat my HSC in 2022, did economics. Did I put stats in any of my short responses? Maybe one stat overall in the short responses. It's not really vital in short responses as you're mostly demonstrating content knowledge and understanding. For short responses, you're better off memorising some sort of FTA or some examples of some time of policy with some basic details (remember, it's still a short response) such as the CAP or EEP for protection and trade.

In terms of essays, (case study aside) it's much better to go into the exam ready with the most up-to-date key economic indicators that are far more versatile and show an understanding of currently economic conditions (provided you can explain them effectively, i.e. inflationary data and the cash rate). From there, maybe have a handful of stats memorised for each of the topics (depending on how each part of the course is split up for you) but don't go overboard, remember, stats is just evidence; the underlying theory is still vital.

I hope that helps!

(Quality assurance: HSC economics exam mark -97)

indeed

HSC
Oh ok yeah that's very true, thank you for the helpful tips!

hellohowslife

HSC
the only stats you really need to have memorised is current stuff (inflation, u/e rate etc.) + a few ones from different significant economic periods (e.g. COVID, GFC), the rest you can pretty easily BS

indeed

HSC
the only stats you really need to have memorised is current stuff (inflation, u/e rate etc.) + a few ones from different significant economic periods (e.g. COVID, GFC), the rest you can pretty easily BS
Oh ok, thank you

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Wait so the only part where stats are ALWAYS necessary are the essay questions yeah?
And sometimes in short answer if we are expected to know specific stats e.g. in the 2022 hsc "Explain likely changes to the structure of industry in Australia as a result of current trends in the global economy." we would obviously need to write about stats as they mention current trends?

yanujw

HSC
Wait so the only part where stats are ALWAYS necessary are the essay questions yeah?
And sometimes in short answer if we are expected to know specific stats e.g. in the 2022 hsc "Explain likely changes to the structure of industry in Australia as a result of current trends in the global economy." we would obviously need to write about stats as they mention current trends?
Yes to both

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)