• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Economics Summaries (1 Viewer)

moffiw

HSC
As you are probably all aware that mid terms are coming up, may not be for some but certainly for others. I currently am studying economics and finding summaries quite a drag. haha nah i would love to see what other people have summarised if yes post back :hammer:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i have summary notes for the first 3 chapters of economics.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
My summary notes for some chapters are insanely long. I find it such a turn-off and bore to read them when studying (which I should start doing soon actually). Still trying to find an alternative way which won't put me to sleep :/.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Faytle said:
My summary notes for some chapters are insanely long. I find it such a turn-off and bore to read them when studying (which I should start doing soon actually). Still trying to find an alternative way which won't put me to sleep :/.
mine are are about 3 pages(typed) per chapter.
how long are yours?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Faytle said:
Ditto.

But when i'm in the mood, I love typing in my Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 program. I'm such a perfectionist and doing my notes in that program always leads me to writing good, extensive economics notes. Then I print them off and put them in a loose-leaf slip folder for easy viewing.

I've summarised 5 chapters, and will be starting the 6th on Tuesday. Slowly but surely it gets done :).

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I've never really done notes..
reading widely seems to sink the main concepts quite well.
Although when the HSC approaches I think i'll start..

HSC
My topic 1 notes are 10 pages long (typed) and I consider them pretty good. I should start making topic 2 notes...

karnage

HSC
Yea i noticed that some topics are long.

Thats why, i sometimes do the normal summary which i can read at home etc.

Then if i want some notes to skim over before the exam, i do a summary of the summary :)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
4 pages of point 1 syllabus dot points with explanations

needa start my glossary :(

lildoro

HSC
I'm going to cry because my exam is in 3 weeks and I can't remember a thing.

I've tried reading over notes I've done in class, which is all well and good at the time, but I'll forget everthing within the next 5 minutes. Economics is the only subject where this happens @__@;

williamc

HSC
lildoro said:
I'm going to cry because my exam is in 3 weeks and I can't remember a thing.

I've tried reading over notes I've done in class, which is all well and good at the time, but I'll forget everthing within the next 5 minutes. Economics is the only subject where this happens @__@;
ROTE learning whilst it still works, works least effectively with economics than any other HSC course i did.

Memorising concepts won't really work, you need to understand the concepts.

I recommend you get a tutor or stay back after class with your teacher and probe him/her with questions.

HSC
Definitely try explaining concepts to someone else (even if they don't do economics but are happy enough to listen). I found this really effective especially because you can sort of mindmap as you go if you use a whiteboard to explain links.

If you don't know it well enough to teach someone else, try asking a classmate to teach you; it will help drill it into their mind and a student/different perspective might help you to understand it.

onlinenooby

HSC
Fuck memorise notes. You onyl remember 10% of it.

Do all the short answer questions you can find. Boo fucking yeh it will get drilled into your head in no time. Use notes as somewhat dictionary where you can check up stuff you don't know.

And you should be slightly better off than trying to memorise endless pages of notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)