economy other than australia (1 Viewer)

astro boy

HSC
does anyone think that one of the essays will be on a case study of an economy other than australia? it wasnt in the catholic trial but i have a feeling it might be in the real deal

hscamper

HSC
A good chance.. but it could be anything

it may just be m8... it would be unwise to go in there without knowing it.. but they do give you a choice in that question and they could also ask how globalisation has impacted on Australia. I also think they may ask something about the limitations of gov. macro/micro policy somewhere in the paper... but it's all speculation and no one can be 100% sure about what the exam will consist of.

kaseita

they probably will, but there's always the other option to do, which is a generally broad question...which I'll probably end up doing!
that assignment was the only one I mucked up. Now all I can rely on for my country, is some notes from this seminar I went to...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It was in last year's paper

so if they do include it, it will be worded differently, focusing on perhaps more specific areas and the particular economy's response to it

B

Bambul

I would doubt that you would get exactly the same question as last year. If there was an essay question on globalisation of another country and/or it might also ask for you to talk a bit about globalisation in general and for globalisation in Australia.

I didn't like the globalisation on another country bit so my strategy was to know everything in topic 2 (from which the other essay question will come from) well enough to be able to answer that question if I was asked about globalisation on another country for one of the essays. My strategy worked, though I would have prefered exchange rates or protection/free trade as an essay, instead I did globalisation on Australia.

kaseita

good good, that's my strategy too! cause there's no way I'm going to be able to do the other country well, since I know so little about my other country.

*Britney*

bring on the other question, i hated the case study assignment i will of course study it but depending on the other Q im not gonna spend 50 mins of my time writing about some loser country in transition, yeah other Q sound great!!!

mella_1410

eco - on a country other than aust.

hey
i dont know about alot of u guys, but i am so screwd for this type of question. what country is everyone using? what do they wanna know about it? comapring and stuff?
please help me about it, i dont understand!
thanks alot!
:confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Im using South Korea...and im hoping for a case study question badly, coz mine is basically perfect! (like i always get 19/20 wen i use it in assessment essays)

mella, if u read your textbook on the first topic, theres all that info about trends in trade and financial flows, business cycle, protection, exchange rates, performance in relation to economic growth, external stability, and if applicable, inflation and unemployment
in the case study, u basically are discussing and analysing the effects of globalisation on that country on major economic factors related to that nation, also its good to compare the economy's trends and performance pre and post globalisation
also talk about its involvment in such org's as WTO, APEC etc etc
its a pretty broad topic..

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Im using Japan, but we studied it so long ago in class that Ive forgotten heaps, and I dont really have notes on it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well u have a week to at least touch on it, for your own benefit

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I hope we get a case study, I just practised one on Japan, and I think it might be okay.

Is anyone else doing Japan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)