• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

edassist - whats the deal? (2 Viewers)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I was just wondering if anyone had been to or is going to any of the edassist programs these holidays? Im thinking of going and just thought I'd check if they were worthwhile because I had heard of mixed feedback..

Abbeygale

HSC
I went to one a few weeks ago. It was fairly mixed. One of the lectures was awesome, while another was so boring I snuck out and went to the library instead. And the guy who did the history lecture was kinda mean.
The only thing that worries me is that they gave a lot of advice I haven't yet been able to confirm through other sources.

jebbie

HSC
Abbeygale said:
I went to one a few weeks ago. It was fairly mixed.

The only thing that worries me is that they gave a lot of advice I haven't yet been able to confirm through other sources.
Advice: Unconfirmed? Huh? How can it be unconfirmed? As in other sources dont necessarily agree? Or do the other sources disagree? Its not exactly super expensive so I think I'll go just incase theres something excellent but Im not too sure :( Now Im all concerned

Abbeygale

HSC
Advice that clashes with what my teachers have told me. And we were also told about rules that I have been having trouble finding written down anywhere- eg you can't have more than three HSC assessments due in one week.

But if it's not going to break your budget, I'd say go. They do have some good things to say, and it gets you motivated.

jebbie

HSC
Abbeygale said:
And we were also told about rules that I have been having trouble finding written down anywhere- eg you can't have more than three HSC assessments due in one week.
Thats so not true. I had three in one week. 2 on the one day but because I was sick when the first assessment was I had to do three on the one day :( Unless that isnt allowed and I can apply for something and be saved from the HSC :D Dreamland.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
yea i went to the ones a few weeks back at syd uni.. for physics and modern -- it was heaps good, my mum's making me goto physics every sat morning after the holidays.. you also meet a fair good people so you can swap notes etc.. :p

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I plan on going to the morning physics ones.

jebbie

HSC
sunjet said:
yea i went to the ones a few weeks back at syd uni.. for physics and modern -- it was heaps good, my mum's making me goto physics every sat morning after the holidays.. you also meet a fair good people so you can swap notes etc.. :p

So you thought it was really good? Because Im going for those day ones which will probably kill me cos they last for hours: Thats another big concern - keeping up interest levels.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
see you there jago

um yes i went to one all day.. but it's not so boring other people are there and you just talk to them etc..

jebbie

HSC
sunjet said:
um yes i went to one all day.. but it's not so boring other people are there and you just talk to them etc..
Thats awesome, Im really excited now :)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Before I went.. i was like 'fuck this' it's going to be boring as.. but met some nice people there that I still keep intouch with.

Abbeygale

HSC
jebbie said:
Thats so not true. I had three in one week. 2 on the one day but because I was sick when the first assessment was I had to do three on the one day :( Unless that isnt allowed and I can apply for something and be saved from the HSC :D Dreamland.
No, that doesn't disprove the rule. I said more than three assessments. You can be given three, but not four. You were only given three.

jebbie

HSC
Abbeygale said:
No, that doesn't disprove the rule. I said more than three assessments. You can be given three, but not four. You were only given three.
Oh dear. I really shouldnt skim read :p

jebbie

HSC
velox said:
damn i was too late to book. I *may* go to the physics/chemistry ones.
If you were too late to book then how can you still be going?

s0k0y0e0

HSC
jebbie said:
I was just wondering if anyone had been to or is going to any of the edassist programs these holidays? Im thinking of going and just thought I'd check if they were worthwhile because I had heard of mixed feedback..
I was thinking about going to one; but they seem quite expensive! :eek: Hmm, compared to other programmes anyway; that are covering the same things... :confused:

jebbie

HSC
I wouldnt know if they were covering the same things as other programmes :eek: Maybe we should compare notes? Actually no because thats a tad late. Hmm anyways best of luck.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I'm going to the EES one - should somewhat help.

I want to go to the Legal one. Anybody have the dates???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)