• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Educational Textbook Subsidy Scheme (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
The ETSS Will no longer apply as of July 1st. Buy next semesters books before that day to save!! :( :chainsaw:

This si the email I got from my uni mail.

From July 1 2004, the Federal Government rebate on prescribed course textbooks (the Educational Textbook Subsidy Scheme) will no longer apply.
Students will no longer receive an additional 8% off the cost of their texts as the full 10% GST will be applicable.

You can still get the ETSS for your Spring Session textbooks if you purchase before July 1.Your faculty, lecturers, publishers & UniShop + IT have co-operated to get your course texts in store as early as possible.

Visit the UniShop + IT website, or visit the store, for details of your texts (which is updated daily).

Students will of course still receive their 12.5% UniCentre discount, still the highest continuous student discount in Australia!

MORE INFORMATION [link to http://unishop.uow.edu.au/etss ]

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
that really suxs! :(
this means I'll only be getting the 10% discount from coop which will probably be reduced to 5% in a couple of years then probably nothing!
I want a refund on my membership!

santaslayer

HSC
We signed a petition at uni to stop the government from taking the ETSS away. I signed it half a dozen times, putting in weirdo names like billy bob and it still didn't work. :( :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Why have I not heard the crazy student lefties at UTS ranting about this??

Why are the still trying to undo the HECS rise when there are new issues at hand?

Sheesh. What are we paying them for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)