• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

EE2 2005 - Mediums (1 Viewer)

Which medium are you using/going to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
So to the new class of 2005, what medium are you going to use/thinking of using and why? I'm sure the resident short story/poetry/critical response/script people will be more than willing to assist you with any advice you may require...

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I will most certainly be doing A Critical Essay....a lot of Raw ideas in my head at the moment, but will get to it soon, and i think u need to add "CRITICAL RESPONSE" to ur poll.

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
bah, i have no idea. I'm good at creative writing, but thats in exam situations, how am i supposed to do that for 8000 words or whatever the hell it is. Have a few ideas, but after reading a few of the showcase pieces i think they are ridiculous.. argh *mild stress*

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
_muse_ said:
...after reading a few of the showcase pieces i think they are ridiculous..
do you mean the ones in the showcase or your own?

ok. i'm kidding. but just to note; if you're good at exam creative writing it probably means your strength is really with description, imagery, etc. so you may not need to have any real 'ideas' for your major. you could have a concept behind it, but put the focus on language rather than some profound philosphy. there are a few s.s's in the showcase and they AREN'T about brilliant concepts, but they are written really well instead. i attempted that with my mw- slopped together a loose underlying theme for all my pices, and in my reflection statement i rambled about "an experience of language". ok, we are yet to see how spectacular my verbal dross was though...

but even though there is a slightly common thread that runs through showcase short stories, they are really diverse, and they get those marks for different reasons. so rest assured; ideas can be over-rated.

stargaze

HSC
definetly doing a critical response... creative writing is not a strength and i'm pretty decent at analyzing stuff and I guess I do enjoy it somewhat..

Very lost on a definite idea tho.. Which isnt too good considering it seems the whole class has had their idea for a major work for ages...

so yeahh.. more 2005ers vote~!.. :)

Alaranth

STILL haven't picked!
I wanna do creative, either a collection of vaugly related stories or a film. I was gonna do stories for a while, but the more I think about it, the more I wanna do video. But my camera is crap, so that's an issue. I dunno! I need help!

veridis

droog
HSC
what we have no resident film person to help?
i feel very left out. pretty sure i'm doing video but my concept may be a little on the long side so it needs an edit or i'll change it into script

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
well... it is finally here..... >_<"

short story here i come~!

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
alessandra said:
i'm doing a webpage

thats interesting on what may i ask?, are u experienced in web design and macromedia flash?

illodous

Angels...
HSC
I'm doing a short story.. though I hardly call 8,000 words *short*
I guess then, I'm doing a Novella :D
Or perhaps a vignette? It's really hard to say..

Are you actually permitted to do more than one medium?

steffo

steph
HSC
im doing perfromance poetry.
its a fresh medium with heaps and heaps of possibilities for a unique piece/s.
im into drama and music and want to combine all this and my writing and my views on the world and popular culture (my theme) together in a witty, satirical medium.
its also something not many people endevour into, and i can do a lot of orignal work with it.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
steffo said:
im doing perfromance poetry.
its a fresh medium with heaps and heaps of possibilities for a unique piece/s.
im into drama and music and want to combine all this and my writing and my views on the world and popular culture (my theme) together in a witty, satirical medium.
its also something not many people endevour into, and i can do a lot of orignal work with it.
Could you possibly elaborate on your plans? It sounds mighty difficult considering the contraints and syllabus that need to be followed..

steffo

steph
HSC
illodous said:
Could you possibly elaborate on your plans? It sounds mighty difficult considering the contraints and syllabus that need to be followed..
what do you mean?
english ext 2 is one of the least constrained courses you can undertake.

Insouciance

HSC
I had a really tough time choosing between a webpage and a short story, but ultimately, HTMLing an entire English work would take all the fun out of my domains. And I really love creative writing, and I'd like to cut back on the fan fiction I write this year.

I just really need a concept. Absolutely nothing is inspiring me to write and most of my (showoff, traitorous) friends are on their SECOND VAPD. Which depresses me unbelievably. :mad:

HSC
so KFunk, Logain and I are doing play scripts...we should bounce ideas off each other or something

Insouciance

HSC
amoz_lilo said:
but those friends might be writing a pile of bollocks for all you know
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised. I know 2 of them have done nothing else but EE2 this holidays and probably deserve to have two brilliant VAPD but it's still unfair. Bah.

Does anyone know of any good sites with writing prompts?

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a really tough time choosing between a webpage and a short story, but ultimately, HTMLing an entire English work would take all the fun out of my domains. And I really love creative writing, and I'd like to cut back on the fan fiction I write this year.
I'm doing a website too. My teacher really stressed how important relating form to purpose is. The layout, colors and visuals have to relate to what you're trying to express and WHY you chose the website form - instead of just writing the short stories as they are.

Are you putting many interactive elements into your site?

Edit: I checked out your site in your sig - the layout and design is really lovely. You'll prob do great in terms of that if you intend to use blending as your layout. Unfortunately I can't blend the layout of my site...have to draw it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)