• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ee2 assignments online (1 Viewer)

How about an Extension 2 assignments website?

• Yep, it sure sounds like genius to me

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Swing and a miss! Another dumb idea!

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

jojo

Since the due date is approaching for most of you doing EE2, I want to see your works! I'm thinking of setting up a website where people ("youse all") can post their EE2 assignments, so other people can read them. I'm really interested in reading works of others... that way I'll have something to do when all of you are off on schoolies and I'm at home protecting my computer seat.

debugz

HSC
da dummmmmmmmmmmmm! BAD IDEA

as if
@ the last minuite, ppl arent going to give a crap about copyright!

even if u put it online after uve done it

actually
my major work is sitting in the libary at school.. must go get it back

Alex

When we have handed in our major works just send them to the www.boredofstudies.org and they will post them up in the ext2 english section, so there is no need to worry about setting up a site cause there is already one set up!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Agh, see that would be interesting, but plagarism is such a sensitive issue especially with something this personal and significant.

The only thing I'd be content with sharing publically is my draft proposal. Originality is just too big an issue with this course I think.

But then maybe some people feel differently..

jojo

I meant after everyone has handed it in, in which case copyright wouldn't be important anymore, unless you plan on publishing your work.

Anyway the point is moot, Alex is right, they can just send their works to this site.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I think perhaps the plagiarism issue isn't copyright so much as 'could a year 11 student 'steal' my idea?'
I know that's my little grudge against year 11s. :)

I'd like to see/read/listen to other peoples' major works, though. My own is a bit chunky to put on the web, however...

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i do think there is a bit of a plagarism issue ie. will a year 11/now year 12 steal my major work?
But the answer is no. They can't write it word for word. They won't want to rip off an idea that's already been done. And if they're good enough to take inspiration from your idea and write something in their own words, well that's not plagarism in my opinion and they'll deserve whatever mark they get.
In addition to that I think it's helpful to see what sort of final product they're aiming for
And yes, the BOS are releasing major works from 2001 on that CD-rom and book but it wouldn't hurt to have a couple on here

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
no one's gunna wanna steal your work because everyone wants something original that will make the markers go 'wow' not 'gee, thats original (not)'

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Good use of the sarcasm there YEAR11, I see your ability to *use* the lanuage is at a remarkably high standard ;)

Ac

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Just curious ... for some reason "YEAR 11" leaves me with a male impression ...

Ac

Huy

HSC
N/A
"Miss Independent" cleared it up for me, :)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I'd really like to read everyone else's MWs so, yeah, it is a good idea, but it would be pretty annoying if some one stole your idea (although why anyone would steal my idea would be a mystery)...
However, at the moment, I'm more worried about trying to finish my MW rather than who I'm going to show them to when/if I'm finished. :)

the (i havent even nearly finished yet) seems to be a pretty common comment around here lately though.. seems I havent got the originality thing worked out yet... :p

malayz_angel

Yeah I think I should concentrate on finishing my major work, rather than worry about who's going to steal it! I've already shared some ideas with people online though...and I will freak out if anyone tries to copy my ideas, especially since I spent so long in my report emphasising my hope to have something original...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)