• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Effectiveness -_-?? (1 Viewer)

Shapes

HSC
I have practiced quite a few question asking the "effective of govt. policies" and all...

...but one thing Im still uncertain of is ~ when they ask you to "evaluate the effectiveness..." (usually in a long repsonse question) should you begin with a "yes" or "no" to answer the question ---> and then explain your y/n response ??? Or does that sound really *um* dumb ? =P

thanks! =P

Shapes

HSC
hmmm *thinking* I think I understand what you're trying to say ~ so I should need to say "yes" or "no" at the beginning of the response .

thanx =D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Shapes said:
hmmm *thinking* I think I understand what you're trying to say ~ so I should need to say "yes" or "no" at the beginning of the response .

thanx =D
I think a better response would involve reference to both how the policies have been effective and how they have not been effective. Basically you want to keep your essay as balanced as possible and not take a one-sided view.

Shapes

HSC
ohhhhh now I understand completely by what you mean by talking about the positives and negatives of the effectiveness of the govt. polices =P

gnrlies

HSC
Unfortunately with these types of questions you are required to give points for and against (irrespective of what you believe). You cant simply say the point that you believe and give reasons why you think that way.

Some of the most intelligent people I know have done really bad at economics because they have a conviction for a particular economic thought, and cannot be true to themselves and write points against what they believe.

But you need to do it in order to get the marks...

Always give the reverse of what you think or believe. It shows depth to your knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)