• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Effectiveness (1 Viewer)

MissRose

Ok basically in every exam and in every assessment i get an "evaluate the effectiveness of the law..." question and i generally dont' know what to write. I know in the syllabus it outlines how you are supposed to evaluate the effectiveness but i dont understand. If anyone can help me in regards to the effectiveness of the legal system for Family and Crime that would be great!

Everyone Can Fall

shell_bell86

When you are evaluating the effectiveness of the legal system, for example you must state the good points and the bad points > bad point is the court system is time consuming and costly
> Good point is every one has a right to a fair trial.

Through stating the good and bad points of the legal system in this case you are evaluating how effective it is in achieving its goal...
In your conclusion you must conclude weather or not it is effective!
(any one correct me if im wrong plz)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Well firstly evaluating is making a judgement based on set criteria. In legal studies, in evaluating the effectiveness of something, there is a wide variety of criteria you can use. For example if you were evaluating the effectiveness of the criminal justice system you would talk about the enforceability of laws, if the laws are discoverable and if the laws reflect community morals and beliefs. It depends on the topic you are doing what specific criteria you use. If you look at your textbook and even the syllabus you can attain a list of criteria in which you can use to make a judgement. Also, in preparation for your exams, try and attain some recent statistics and case studies to back up your claims.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)