effectiveness (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
again just to reiterate my point earlier,

finding the effectiveness of the legal system IS BULLSHIT AND I NEED HELP WITH IT. thanks friends for hearing me out

hopefully joe will come to my rescue with some insightful words...?

manifestation

What?!
HSC
pig_93 said:

finding the effectiveness of the legal system IS BULLSHIT AND I NEED HELP WITH IT. thanks friends for hearing me out

I’m not joe but I hope this are some insightful words of help!!

Effectiveness of the legal system:

Here are some points to consider:

- Efficiency – is it time efficient?
A lot of the time trials take a long time to come to court so it wastes time and also if in the end someone is found not guilty and a grave miscarriage of justice is done it then costs a lot to compensate for that. Also between the lengths of time the victim may also start to forget parts of the incident making the evidence inconsistent.
- Effectiveness – does it achieve justice?
Here you can talk about the Adversary system and how it is used to try and achieve justice because you have two parties who are contesting their cases and through cross examination and evidence put forward the judge and jury (non bias parties) will hand down a sentence.
- Talk about various case studies
For example: if you want to talk about the good ones and how they have been effective for the victims in achieving justice you could talk about RvSkaf (2002) and how the victim of this case got the maximum penalty for the perpetrator. And then when you want to talk about the cons you can talk about the RvChamberland case where she was found guilty and sentenced but then released because really she was innocent.
- Non effectiveness of the legal system
Here you can talk about how the Australian legal system isn’t that effective because it is still has a lot of flaws with cases to do with Aborigines and how they are discriminated against in the legal system. Because they are a targeted group there have been cases where there has been a grave miscarriage of justice.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Law
Here you can talk about how the Australian legal system is not incorporating customary law and recognizing it as a type of punishment. Judges also consider this when handing down sentences.
- Morals, ethics and standards of society
Here you can talk about the legal system reflecting societies morals and ethics. The legal system changes according to what society wants vice versa. The various types of penalties reflect what society believes is wrong or right.

And if your question is an evaluate or assess question don’t forget to make judgment at the end after analyzing all your information. Coz there’s always a mark for that.

Hope it helps mate :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
pig_93 said:

Be a bit more specific...coz I don't know exactly whta you dont understand and need help with

roadcone

HSC
you just evaluate the fact that the cjs isnt perfect (obviously) and then outline the reasons for this --> i.e. why it doesnt work and fact it doesnt treat everyone fairly. this is the most simple way in showing the effectiveness of the system.. there are other ways, couldnt really be botherd typing up, they can be found in various areas around the legal forum

rific

HSC
Just thought I'd point something out about this - evaluation isn't just an appraisal of the negative components of a system, you can of course take this position, but without a balancing of facts, that is, without stating what positive aspects there are and than building your case against these, it's not an evaluation. Same rules for effectiveness, say what areas are effective, balance this against those that aren't, and than make a judgement call about in/efficiency.

pig_93

HSC
thanks heaps manifestation, and u too roadcone
appreciate it
being more specific, well im sure u's get what i mean
all those gay crim law questions for the big marks at the end ask for effectiveness and it shits me
thanks maties
ta

manifestation

What?!
HSC
pig_93 said:
thanks heaps manifestation, and u too roadcone
appreciate it
being more specific, well im sure u's get what i mean
all those gay crim law questions for the big marks at the end ask for effectiveness and it shits me
thanks maties
ta
Thats okay friend! always here to help :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
pig_93 said:

my gosh, sorry pig_93 couldnt come 2 ur aid sooner
anyways effectiveness of the legal system
use this criteria
RAPEE
easy 2 remember
Resource efficency-is the legal system resource efficent in relation to the area of crime ur covering
Accessibility- is the legal system easy accessible or not in relation to the area of crime ur covering
Protection-does it give protection to the individual or community? in relation to the area of crime ur covering
Equality-is the law equal? ie. rule of law? how effective is it is the legal system n relation to the area of crime ur covering
Enforcability-how enforcable is the legal system in relation to the area of crime ur covering

by doing that u will cover those 5 points
try it. hope it helps pig_93
also...if in doubt...see this thread iv put:
its stickied:
Effectiveness of the law
hope that helps
xo
Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)