Effectivenss of quarantine (1 Viewer)

Akira_Tikira

HI
How would you evaulate the effectiveness of quarantine both from oversea and interstate.

what information/notes do we have....

This is a new dot point so most of the syllabuse don't have it....HSC ONLINE has limited resources (non at all) and I was wondering what do you have...

Thanks

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I need help on this dot point too, so if anyone has any information it would be fan-bloody-tastic!!!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
hope this helps...
in australia quarantine is controlled by the australia quarantine inspection serive (AQIS). this ervice provides inspection and quarantine systems to prevent the entry of unwanted pests and diseases into, or across regions of australia.

AQIS aims to protect:
australia's agricultural production
the environment, including the health of australian flora and fauna
the health of the human population

the greatest quarantine risks are plants, plant products, animals, animal products and siols. contaminated goods and personal effects are intercepted by AQIS through airports, international mail, imported cargo such as cotnainers and sinsignments/packaging, and ocean going vessels. quarantine checking stations are also set up across both state and agricultural region borders to intercept produce that may be a quarantine risk.
stringent quarantine rules have prevented the spread of many plant and animal diseases (foot and mouth, surgum downy mildew)
ok i'm sick of typing...
heh if u want more info pm me cause there is more..
good lux hope it helps

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Thanks for the information, but the dot point says "evaluate the effectiveness of..." so if anyone has any links with statistics or info about the effectiveness of quarantine in Australia in would be fab if they could share!

Akira_Tikira

I still dont have the information I am after.
To evaulate the effectiveness of quarantine we have to look at issues such as Foot and Mouth disease, fruit flys across states and show how effective it is.

But exactly how do we do that and is there enough information to earn us the 7 mark if it comes up.....please help....

Thanks

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Do you by any chance go to Albury High??? It's just we had an assignment question on that and it was worth 7 marks....

Just type foot and mouth and fruit flies in to google.com.au.... that's how I found info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)