Electing VA As A HSC Subject (1 Viewer)

immobilisingtime

HSC
Hi guys, would it be smart choice to do VA as a Yrs 11 & 12 subject even though I didn't do it as an elective subject all throughout Yrs 8, 9 & 10? Would it make the subject harder to do and require any catching up?

Last edited:

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
In terms of theory, no. All the theory and exam skills you need to know are learned in Year 11 and 12. I don't know about your artmaking/practical skills, it would be worthwhile thinking about the mediums that you work in best. You get good opportunities to experiment with different mediums in Year 11 so that you're material focus is a bit clearer in Year 12 (basically you can figure out what you're good at).

doggossigh

HSC
Kind of. It wouldn't be harder in terms of art, but you would have missed the experience of the theory which I believe is the more difficult component tbh. The theory and essay writing becomes a lot harsher, stricter and a lot more is required from the elective years. However, this shouldn't put you off because I know a lot of non VA elective students who are doing VA for HSC and are topping the class. You will have to do some catching up and put in some effort with the theory parts (the examinations can be tough when analysing pictures and writing long essays in very short time periods) but with dedication and passion it shouldn't be a problem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)