Elective topic (1 Viewer)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Anyone got any suggestions for which topic I should do for my elective? I can do Music of a culture, Medieval music, Renaissance music (I think), and Music from 1945 to 25 years ago. Just wanted to know general stuff about the topics before I choose one.

Last edited:

soulshine

HSC
Well it really depends on what interests you! I haven't chosen musicology so i'm not going to be much help... but maybe 1945 - 25years ago would be interesting because it looks at the time period leading up to the mandatory topic. Alternately, a focus in Jazz in this time period could be groovy. Iunno...

soulshine

HSC
Or perhaps, if you happen to come from a culture which has a realy distinct type of music, then music of a culture could be interesting. You might find that exploring musicof your ownculture could prove to be the easiest as the info could be more accessible. Then again, these days, accessibilty isnt really muchof an issue... *strokes trusty internet*

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
soulshine said:
Well it really depends on what interests you! I haven't chosen musicology so i'm not going to be much help... but maybe 1945 - 25years ago would be interesting because it looks at the time period leading up to the mandatory topic. Alternately, a focus in Jazz in this time period could be groovy. Iunno...
heh thats what im doing, focus in jazz from 1945-1980 :D

zoltan you can always write a list of things that interest you and then try and fit them into a topic? that might work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)