Electrician (1 Viewer)

whyamiguy

HSC
Should i become an electrician to work with computer hardware ?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you want to design computer architecture or build computers?

whyamiguy2

HSC
I needed to make an new account forgot password. So, I wanna build computers.

whyamiguy2

HSC
I want an qualification in computer hardware. As i thought electrician's work with electrical stuff so would that be close enough.

HSC
N/A
I think you are confusing a trade description of 'electrician' with a electronics type vocation?

Electricians deal with the distribution of supply from power stations to the home and there are niche components of what a typical "electrician" may get up too in those environments. The only 'computer' stuff they may deal with (that i can think of) would be adjusting power factor correction units, solar invertor's, PLC things; but typically an average domestic or industrial electrician will just plug & play those devices and the real skill of their work lies in how they build their networks of electrical components (eg switchboard to circuit breaker to cable to a power point..) and their knowledge of how what they are building complies with Australian Standards & Regulations.
If you are interested in computers, you should see Squar3roots link above and/or consider if electrical / electronic engineering is what you are actually thinking about instead. A qualification in "computer hardware" is pretty vague!

whyamiguy2

HSC
Yea, i was getting confused with electrician and electronic technician. so electronics technician would be the way to go and what tafe course would be good for that ?

HSC
N/A
Back in the day there used to be Diplomas & Advanced Certificates in Electrical Engineering (taught at TAFE) that would have electronic units. But i don't know the landscape of Tafe courses these days.. see your school careers people?

whyamiguy2

HSC
so would this be good Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology - Electronics ? for computer hardware

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)