• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

email notification (1 Viewer)

mojako

HSC
hello..
sometimes I get email notifications of replies but sometimes don't...
any ideas??
The "sometimes" is when I reply to someone else's thread.
If it's my thread I think I always get notifications.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Receive updates to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.

mojako

HSC
Hey, was the site down a few minutes ago?
Or maybe it's my Optus ISP..?

Regarding the email notification thing:
Apparently, sometimes the tick box on email notification is automatically checked and sometimes not.... still strange.. is there any conditions for that to be automatically checked?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
For me, that's a blurry line.

When I first joined, I would get automatically subscribed once i replied at least 2 or 3 times in a thread. That has since stopped, but I didnt do anything to stop it!! :confused:

Email notification can also include PM's so I dont know if disabling email notification (essentially, not subscribing to anything ever) would mean i dont get notices for PMs....

When you create your own thread, yes, you are automatically subscribed to it...always happens with me.

Does anybody know the conditions for being automatically subscribed to a thread?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
ive had the sdame problem for ages and now i got into the habit of manually clicking "subscribe to thread" everytime i post.

mojako

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
No, it must be your ISP
I guess so...
How's your "Department of Mysteries" btw?

santaslayer

HSC
How do I turn the function off completely across all forums and threads automatically? It's annoying how I have to click on "do not subscribe" everytime I post a reply. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
santaslayer said:
How do I turn the function off completely across all forums and threads automatically? It's annoying how I have to click on "do not subscribe" everytime I post a reply. :)
have you tried user cp? because it's off for me. i don't know where in user cp though

MoNNiE

HSC
it's in "edit options" in user cp
scroll down and look for message notification

santaslayer

HSC
MoNNiE said:
it's in "edit options" in user cp
scroll down and look for message notification

ahhhhh.....thanks for that Monnie!

*goes off to delete the millions of email notifications, esp the "Penis Size" thread" :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)