• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"Embedded values" (1 Viewer)

natty_belly

HSC
Hey handy helpers!

My english teacher has been talking about embedded values in BNW and BR...somewhat confusing...can anyone help me out with these??

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Taking a stab at it, perhaps its referring to the values inherent or found within the respective societies of both books, that is the conditioning and the attitude against replicants in both texts.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
natty_belly said:
Hey handy helpers!

My english teacher has been talking about embedded values in BNW and BR...somewhat confusing...can anyone help me out with these??
I'd say that your teacher is referring to discourses as well as just normal social values - gender, class, race, spheres of intellect (science vs humanities), nature vs manmade, chaos vs order, critical thinking vs passive acceptance of information (specific to BNW) et cetera. Be sure to juxtapose how the book portrays these values and discourses with how our own society portrays them - this I would think is crucial to studying Brave New World especially.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)