• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Emergency,please help! (1 Viewer)

AS.USA

HSC
This is actually not a transfer matter, but i am a new member and i don't know which forum to post my thread. So sorry. I am in big trouble. My UAI is extremely bad. And i made a terrible mistake by havent't applying to uni at all.

I am not sure which course to take, at first i thought of entering business course. but now i am not so sure. I have completed an application form for insearch in business studies (extended) but the form haven't been posted yet.

i am currently in overseas and will arrive in sydney on february 4.

my plan is to get back and look around and decide what i really want to do before deciding on joining something that i will probably not like.

is there any other time i can apply after feb 2 2006?

now i will try to apply to colleges, uni such as UWS, wollongong, newcastle,etc and also sibt and insearch. i have several possiblilities in mind on what i want to do but i am not sure on the job prospect and any other of it's aspect. This is why i really would like to research more about it first in sydney. Unfortunately i cannot return to sydney earlier than 4 feb.

please help and give advice.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you definitely can't get a UAC application now, so perhaps a midyear application.

in the meantime, check InSearch/SIBT/private college websites etc

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not many places accept mid-year but that's your next chance. So no uni for you until sem 2

AS.USA

HSC
Thanks

Thanks for the advice
UAI is below 50
If you have anymore information please let me know.

once again thanks.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Try Open Universities Australia, they accept 06 applications till february and they don't judge based on UAI, it is correspondence based though. You might also be able to still apply for non-award at MQ, UWS and UTS too. There are the INSEARCH, SIBT, WUC, SWIC, UniAccess etc. colleges as well. Not to mention, there are plenty of TAFE and CIT courses that you still may be eligible for. And if worst comes to worst you can try the TPC or HSC to improve your entrance score.

Details on these things can be found here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=1592461&postcount=2

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AS.USA said:
Thanks for the advice
UAI is below 50
If you have anymore information please let me know.

once again thanks.
yeah, you're pretty fucked for uni

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if you got below 50, perhaps you should consider alternate options other than a tertiary education. I suppose you could always become a leb.

X

xeuyrawp

If you think you are capable of uni, maybe re-doing your HSC would be the best idea?

I mean, if you want something, you should have to work towards it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)