Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights (1 Viewer)

elizarose

Just wandering if my suspicions were correct... is anyone actually doing wuthering heights? If so pls let me know and we can exchange notes and any other possibly nerdy items of english literature!! Sounds exciting, but i just need to chat with another bronte student.

Lorie

HSC
I'm afraid i'm doing wuthering heigths aswell. Only because my teacher is an old feminist and has taught the book ever since she teaching in 1902. I've asked lots of other people and i haven't found any other school that is doing Wuthering heights apart from mine. If you want to email me about exchanging notes you can email me at red_cap_is_cool@hotmail.com

Do u have to get crittal readings of Wuthering Heights?

BY the way do you actully like the book. Because i found it to be better served as a drink coaster then a book. But if u do like it i'm sorry, but i'm a guy, and i don't really like books that have 2 chacters with the same name, old yorkshire language, and general confusing structure.

Once again i am sorry if you do like the book, and are offended by my comments, but i couldn't help it.

harlequinade

HSC
We're about to start it now too. Doesn't seem like a popular text to be studying... surprise surprise.

Strangely enough, i vaguely remember liking it when i just randomly read it, but now i feel like stabbing myself/it/the school repeatedly.

If (and a big if) i ever get to making notes for this, everyone's welcome to them!

illodous

Angels...
HSC
I feel *very* sorry for you all studying this book. I wouldn't touch it with metal tongs :D

But then again, if you're really desperate for notes, I'd recommend going to SparkNotes.com and searching for something on it. I wouldn't copy the sparknotes 100%, just use it help you understand the novel in the context of what BoS want from you.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
i think one would be very poor to make such a comment on the novel.. if you dnt like this novel, then u have missed the main part of its underlying qualities.

i loved wuthering heights. and learning the critical theory for it just deeply enhances ones appreciation for the novel..

to learn to like the novel, one must first come to understand emily bronte and her context and her influences for writing the book.

learn to understand that the novel is a classic cannonical text and should be viewed with the knowledge that it is quite unlike any other text of its time.

its so complex to understand yet the duality of the novel lies in its complexity..

dont just give up on this novel and comment on how bad it is...

i excelled in wuthering heights. it was one of my best modules..

if u need help i tutor it for the hsc.. im juz one pm or email or call away :p

good luck guyz!

monique66

umm i'm doing wuthering heights too, but for english adv...unless this is in the wrong forum...

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
i looooove wuthering heights :):)
i wished we studied it for critical study. :(

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
damnation said:
umm i'm doing wuthering heights too, but for english adv...unless this is in the wrong forum...

maybe.. becuz for the HSC i did w/heights for advanced!?? weird...

someone like to clarify!

RhiG

we're doing WH too..*snore*..it's alright once u get into it i spose. we have to research marxist, feminist, gothic, romantic, formalist and psychoanalytical readings of it...**SNORE** anyone else doing anything similar???

Jaymer

HSC
Im doing Wuthering Heights, infact we're almost finished it, i have the assessment later today *woe* i havent even read the book! *more woe* *praises chapter summaries* :rolleyes:

freaked

HSC
I have been studying Briar Rose, but as yet, have not chosen a supplementary text. I think Wuthering Heights is a great idea. I haven't read it for around 3 years, but I remember liking it.

If anyone is willing to pass on their notes, It would be greatly appreciated.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
i tutor wuthering heights

but my notes, id prefer to keep.. cuz i let my students use them when i tutor the subject, sorry..
but if u r interested in wuther heights tutoring. let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)