• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eminem presents: The Re-Up (1 Viewer)

robbie1

HSC
After the tragic murder of his best mate Proof, Eminem is back. After the slight dissapointment of Encore, I have high hopes for this album. If the first single is anything to go by, it may be one of his best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Re-Up

Eminem Presents: The Re-Up, to be released December 5th, began as a street mixtape project -- an underground, unofficial CD with raw production values -- designed to help launch new Shady Records artists Stat Quo, Ca$his and Bobby Creekwater.

"But what happened is that the material was so good and the tracks were getting produced like a regular album," said Eminem. "Instead of putting it out there rough and unfinished, I thought we should add some other new tracks, make it a real album, and put it in the record stores to give these new artists a real boost."

The album was executive produced by Eminem, who also produced the majority of the songs. A handful of selections were produced by The Alchemist, who also compiled the album in true mixtape fashion. The Alchemist is best known for his work with Cypress Hill, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Mobb Deep, and Jadakiss.

Each of the tracks makes its official CD debut on Eminem Presents: The Re-Up, though Stat Quo's "Billion Bucks," and Obie Trice's "Cry Now" (Remix), produced by LT Moe, was recently released on mixtapes and to radio.

The first single and video will be "You Don't Know" from Eminem, 50 Cent, Ca$his and Lloyd Banks. With Eminem and Ca$his from the Shady camp and 50 Cent and Lloyd Banks from G-Unit, the rap illustrates the unity of the two organizations.

The Re-Up also gave acclaimed hip-hop producer The Alchemist a chance to work with Shady's new regime. After joining forces on-stage as Eminem's DJ on last year's Anger Management 3 tour, Alchemist and the Shady camp began collaborating in the studio. This new album features the results of this anticipated collaboration with new tracks produced by The Alchemist featuring Stat Quo, Ca$his, Bobby Creekwater and Obie Trice.

Rampant misinformation about Eminem Presents: The Re-Up included many false internet tracklistings and that the mixtape would be a tribute to D12's Proof, the recently slain rapper and close friend of Eminem. "The D12 album and those unreleased songs with Proof are coming," said Eminem. "But The Re-Up is about these new artists and these new songs. It isn't fair to them or to the memory of Proof to mix them up."

Confirmed Tracks

Eminem - You Don't Know featuring 50 Cent, Ca$his, and Lloyd Banks

Eminem - No Apologies

Ca$his - Talkin' All That

Bobby Creekwater - City of Gold

D12 - Murder

Eminem - Smack That (Remix) featuring Akon

Singles

The lead single for this album will be You Don't Know, by Eminem featuring 50 Cent, Ca$his, and Lloyd Banks. The single became ciculating on the internet on September 30th, 2006. The video will premire on BET on October 17, 2006.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
all hate for 50 aside, 'you dont know' is fucking awesome.
yes it is, and i hope it showed you that 50 is a quality rapper, as is eminem.

robbie1

HSC
Born Dancer said:
i dont think anyone actually likes 50cent aside from robbie1
are you saying that i bought all 22+ million albums that he has sold?

or that i buy all the tickets to every show of his around the world, which are sold out no matter where he goes?

please....

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
robbie1 said:
yes it is, and i hope it showed you that 50 is a quality rapper, as is eminem.

no it didn't show me that 50 is quality rapper, because he is not.

it showed me that instead of 100% of his verses being garbage, it is now somewhere near 98%.

and ive always known eminem to be quality rapper ever since my ears were blessed by 'infinite'

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
and ive always known eminem to be quality rapper ever since my ears were blessed by 'infinite'
now what you know about a sweet MC, from the 313, none of these skills you bout to see come free, so you wanna be a sweet MC, you gotta become me, if you ever wanna be one see......ahh memories :)

Last edited:

Pilgrim

HSC
infinite has so many fuckin multis. 50 doesnt come close to eminem lyrically.

too bad eminem fell off. for whatever reason, i heard encore was supposed to be like, which was basically spit in the face to his fans.

hopefully this will bring eminem back, i doubt it. but since proofs death he might rise up again.

HSC
Hopefully the album is gonna be good.

Fuck the beat on 'you dont know' if fucken killer. Anyone know who made it?

Pilgrim

HSC
EightySixMafia said:
Hopefully the album is gonna be good.

Fuck the beat on 'you dont know' if fucken killer. Anyone know who made it?
The Re-Up also gave acclaimed hip-hop producer The Alchemist a chance to work with Shady's new regime. After joining forces on-stage as Eminem's DJ on last year's Anger Management 3 tour, Alchemist and the Shady camp began collaborating in the studio.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
robbie1 said:
are you saying that i bought all 22+ million albums that he has sold?

or that i buy all the tickets to every show of his around the world, which are sold out no matter where he goes?

please....
let me rephrase that. i dont think anyone who has any sense of taste actually likes 50 cent.

lengy

HSC
Born Dancer said:
i dont think anyone actually likes 50cent aside from robbie1
I do.
Born Dancer said:
let me rephrase that. i dont think anyone who has any sense of taste actually likes 50 cent.
That's debateable.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
lengy, you are supposed to agree with me. not with the other, inferior bosers :(
</3

lengy

HSC
I can only agree with you so far sweetheart. This is why I could never be with you. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)